• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jeffmd

jeffmd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

Heys. With the explosion of cheap windows 8 tablets upon us, there doesn't seem to be any windows media players that offer a control lock function for toddler proofing their kids tv shows when they watch. Hows about it? 

#2 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hi jeffmd,

Welcome to the forums :) Version 9.6 Beta 3 has just been released (for MAX users at the moment), and this is one of the additions - would it suffice?

* New "Lock user interface" control bar button.
    When enabled, the mouse and keyboard interfaces are disabled until
    the screen is quickly clicked 3 times or the space bar is quickly
    pressed 3 times.

I'm planning on picking up one of those tablets myself - still not yet released in my country as yet though (I am looking at the HP Stream 8").

ehat

#3 jeffmd

jeffmd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:40 AM

ehath, I think 3 quick clicks could still be circumvented by anyone poking the display randomly. How about clicking 3 specific corners?

#4 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

Yes, I suppose three clicks could be done unintentionally. I will ask bLight (Zoom's developer) if he would be willing to make it more specific.

ehat

#5 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

bLight has made a couple of changes to the control lock. Not only do you have to click faster now (reducing the chances of doing it accidentally), you have to click in the top left hand corner, otherwise it won't unlock. Updated .exe for testing is available here (extract from archive and copy over the top of a current 9.6 Beta 3 installation):

https://dl.dropboxus..._public_max.rar

ehat

Edit: I have just updated the download, so if you downloaded the file within about the first 30 minutes of me posting it, please download it again. The updated upload fixes a problem where clicking in the top left corner was not reliable (eg if you clicked in the very top left corner, the interface would not unlock - but if you moved down and away from the corner, it would unlock).

Edit: Download replaced by the now released Beta 4:

http://forum.inmatri...4237#entry57569

Edited by ehathgepiurhe, 07 December 2014 - 10:56 AM.