41 replies to this topic

#1 LeechBot

LeechBot

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Version 7 worked OK, but starting with version 8, the currently playing track's position is lost after the computer resumes from sleep. In other words, I'm playing a track, and then I pause it at time 16:23. Later, I put my computer to sleep. When I resume the computer, ZoomPlayer shows the correct currently playing track, but the time has been reset to 00:00. Whether I replay the track, or whether I skip forward or back and then return to the track, it still resumes from 00:00 instead of the actual last playing position before the computer slept. Meanwhile, all other tracks remember their playback history properly and resume from their last playing position. The error only occurs with the track that was currently playing at the time of computer sleep, even though ZoomPlayer had been on pause for a while before the computer slept. As I said, version 7.00 operated correctly, but starting with version 8 I get this glitch.

#2 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

HI LeechBot,

A couple of things:

1. Can you post a screenshot of your Advanced Options-->Playback-->History section please?

2. It would be good if you could try this test and post the results. Play a file in Zoom and pause it. Now, wait 25 minutes (any number will be ok, as long as it is less than 30 minutes) and put your PC to sleep. When your PC awakens, check if Zoom has saved the file position? Then, repeat the test, this time waiting 35 minutes before you send your PC to sleep (the time does not matter as long as it is greater than 30 minutes). When your PC awakens, check if Zoom has saved the file position.

Regards,

ehat

#3 LeechBot

LeechBot

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

The problem happens after sleeping under 30 minutes as well as over 30 minutes.

Here's my Advanced Options-->Playback-->History: Attached File  PlaybackHistory.jpg   48.03KB   13 downloads

#4 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Please tell us which ZP you are using (Pro/Max?) and what OS you have so we can test this.
I understand also that this is not related to the type of file (AVI, MP3, etc), correct?

#5 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

Does this happen with all files, or only some? It sounds like it happens with all files, but if only with some, can you detect a pattern to the files (something common to them all)?

On my Win 7 64bit PC, I have just set the History options to be the same as yours. I played a file (30 second WMV file, the Wildlife.wmv file that comes with Win 7), paused it halfway and then put my PC to sleep. I left the PC alone for about 30 seconds, and then awakened it again. Zoom was still sitting at the halfway mark, and continued playing from that point when I clicked the play button.

The problem happens after sleeping under 30 minutes as well as over 30 minutes.

I didn't expect that to be different, whether it was under or over 30 minutes. I was just making sure (you will note the second option in the History dialog indicates Zoom saves the play history every 30 minutes - so I figured if we tested with something below 30 minutes and something above, that would give us an indication if this was the problem).

There were these two entries in the v8 changelog - I wonder if they are related?

+ The Play history saving procedure has been hardened to make it more resilient to system crashes.
- Unchecking "Save last play time and date" from "Adv. Options / Playback / History" would cause Zoom Player to forget any new items played the next time Zoom Player was restarted.

We also seem to have this thread from a couple of months ago, related to the history:
http://forum.inmatri...showtopic=13185

ehat

Edited by ehathgepiurhe, 29 November 2011 - 06:47 AM.

#6 LeechBot

LeechBot

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

ZP picture quality looks more pixellated than VLC, so I've only been using ZoomPlayer for mp3's for quite some time. Audio files several hours long, so if my last location is lost, it's like finding a needle in a haystack to find it again. This is a dealbreaker for me. I reverted to version 7, and ZP works fine once more. Please update this thread if they ever fix the problem.

I was using ZP Max 8 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Also, I wonder if there's some way to get email notifications from this forum? I see Your Options>Notification Preferences allows you to specify whether or not you want email, but I can't find a way to associate an email address with my account. You'd think it would be under Your Options>Change Profile Information, but there's no email address there or anywhere else I look in Your Options.

#7 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

I will try to get the devs on this one.
I've also opened bug 216 on this.

About Notification options, click your name on the top of the webpage and choose "My settings".
Then, on the left, you will be able to see "Notification options" and change as you will.

Booga.

#8 LeechBot

LeechBot

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for the tech support.

About notifications, what you refer to is exactly what I mean: there are a bunch of email options, and I have them all checked. But I'm never notified, probably because I've never entered an email address into my info. Yet, there's no email address there or anywhere else I look in Your Options, so I have no idea what email address the system might be sending notifications to. How do I specify an email address for notifications?

#9 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hi LeechBot,

On the top, where your name, click your name and then click "My Profile".
Your current email address is there.

#10 LeechBot

LeechBot

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hi LeechBot,

Your current email address is there.

Nope, not there, and of course I had clicked through all those settings before I first posted about the problem. And not there when I "edit my profile." Unless it's a total brain fart, there's something odd going on with my account?

#11 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

The mail you registered is the one used. I can see your mail inyour profile (I can PM it to you but I won't post it here)

It should be there :
Your current email address is there - scroll down - it's on the bottom.
Again, if you want I can PM it to you, but we usually do not allow mail changes for spam control reasons... I can try to change it if it is really important to you ;)

#12 LeechBot

LeechBot

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

I swear: it's not there. See the attached screenshot. Attached File  MyProfile.jpg   57.59KB   6 downloads

It's important to me because I'm not getting email notifications of updates to this thread, and I wanted to check on the email address associated with my account. I'm not certain of what email address I used when I signed up seven years ago.

#13 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

Odd. I can't find my email address either in my profile - at least not in the way it was with the old forum software. The old forum software had a section where you could change your account email and password (where it clearly listed the email address) - this new software does not seem to have either. If you click on your name and click 'My Settings', you can see the email when you click your Avatar (to change it) - it looks like the board assumes your email address is your Gravatar email (if you have one).

Booga: Is there an option to view this info in the new forum software that hasn't been enabled as yet?

ehat

#14 LeechBot

LeechBot

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:11 AM

Yes, I see my email address now. Since I don't have an avatar, that required knowing to click on a little blank square. My email address is what I expected, so the other problem is that I don't get email notifications when my subscribed thread is updated. Also, no way to change the password. Maybe the board doesn't actually use that Gravatar email.

#15 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

Oops, sorry - I didn't phrase that well at all. When you go to change your Avatar, the forum software assumes you have a Gravatar email address, and that this Gravatar address is the same address as you use for these forums. So what I meant was that essentially when you view the Avatar screen (which is just the little blank square if you don't have one), it shows you the email you have set for the forum.

Maybe the board doesn't actually use that Gravatar email.

Correct. Unless you have a Gravatar address and tell the forum to use it for your Avatar, then the forum won't use it (or even know if it exists or not). I phrased my post above badly.

I suspect something has gone amiss when the forum software was recently upgraded - there should still be an email and password section (it is only luck that the Gravatar email field reflects your forum email address). I've pinged Booga about it, so hopefully it is something that can be fixed. Being able to change your password and email address from time to time is handy after all!

ehat

#16 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

Ok, looks like our benevolent admin overlord (i.e. Booga) has located the trouble. Thanks Booga :bow:

It seems the forum software is missing a label in between the "Change Profile Information" and "Change Signature" settings in the User CP (Control Panel). So, for the moment (until we see what can be done to fix it), if you want to check the email address registered for this forum (or change your forum password), then follow these steps:

1. Log onto the forums (obviously).
2. Click your name in the upper right hand corner of your browser.
3. All going well, that should bring up a dropdown (if it doesn't, your browser probably doesn't have JavaScript enabled) - click on "My Settings".
4. This will take you to the "User CP".
5. On the left hand side, there is a menu. The first option in the menu is "Change Profile Information". Then there is a blank space, and then another option "Change Signature". Click the blank space between these two options.
6. You will be taken to the email and password screen.

That blank space is not meant to be blank - there is meant to be a label there indicating that is where you click to check your email and password.

ehat

#17 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Ehat posts quickly about my findings ;)

#18 LeechBot

LeechBot

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

OK, I adjusted my email, and hopefully the system will start notifying me of responses. It would also be nice to fix that playback history/sleep problem in v8.

#19 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

A bug has been opened for the sleep/resume issue, we will try to recreate and possibly fix it before the next major beta.

With regards to video quality, it isn't dependent on ZP, but rather the video renderer you select.
ZP can use MadVR, which has the best image quality on the PC at the moment.

#20 LeechBot

LeechBot

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

Great, thanks. I set and reset my email, but I still don't get email notification of updates to this thread.