10 replies to this topic

#1 thany

thany

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

I've installed ZP6 MAX and Professional, none of them can be set to "Basic" mode. So I expect the Basic edition is a separate download.

Where is it?

#2 Edu

Edu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:46 AM

Yes! I have been searching around Inmatrix site and cannot find any download link to ZP v6 basic!!! Where can I get it?

#3 OV2

OV2

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

ATM there is no ZP v6 basic.

#4 Edu

Edu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

... wiil there ever be one? Right now, info in Inmatrix site is completely misleading, verging on deceptive.
A shame for what whas once my favorite player.

#5 thany

thany

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

WTH? So unless I pay up, the bugs in ZP5 aren't going to be fixed?!

#6 OV2

OV2

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

I can only tell you what I know, which is the following statement by RegWizard (on the question if there will be a free version of v6):

It's undecided at this point.

#7 Frederking

Frederking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:40 AM

I can only tell you what I know, which is the following statement by RegWizard (on the question if there will be a free version of v6):

It is a pity. ZP6 just updated (without asking) to a version that displays a delay-screen and asks for registration. I might be willing to pay, but the only new "feature" of this update is the delay. Color Controls still don't work. Picture is much too dark. EVR renderer is choppy, audio out of sync.
In free software like VLC player I would be willing to accept this, but as a paid product, ZP6 is just crap.
So it's back to MS Media Player :kudo:

#8 Soji

Soji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:31 PM

It's a pity there's no ZP 6 Basic yet.
Will there ever be one? I won't know because I've switched to another software and I won't go back.
I've loved ZoomPlayer for years and I've showed this program to lots of friends...

Now what have we got?
- ZoomPlayer 5.02 Basic, free, and unstable on Vista SP1
- ZoomPlayer 6, which works fine but is not free

If they don't want to make a free version anymore on their soft, fine, that's their right, and I've no problem with that (I just won't buy it).
My problem is with the communication : no clear statement about "there is no free version anymore" or "If you're waiting for a free version which works on Vista SP1, look somewhere else".
Or something explaining "why there is no free version anymore".
It's a pity because for me it WAS clearly the best free video player available, and I would have probably bought it if this had been correctly handled.
Now, I won't...

#9 Soji

Soji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

It's now 6 months without a free version working correctly under Vista SP1.
It's a long time to make a decision...

#10 Blkbird

Blkbird

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

Seriously, this total communication blackout is extremely unprofessional and unresponsible.

#11 Edu

Edu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

I am back to this forum after 2 months, but Inmatrix seems to have decide to ignore the many users of Zoom Player free, who were abandoned with a v5 that crashes in Windows Vista. We do not even need a new version - an update for v5 would have been enough.
I am not convinced that by dropping the free version Inmatrix will sell more. Domestic users will probably look for another (free) media player. But I do believe that, as is the rule in the Internet, free users are a precious asset. Imagine if Google decided to charge for Gmail or iGoogle... Without the free version, Zoom Player will probably just fall into oblivion...
But a simple, objective answer about the perspectives of a v6 free version ever being released would at least be a nice answer to the old, faithful users who (even without paying) spread the word about what used to be the best media player available.
If Inmatrix really decided to ignore ZP free users... they will have no other option than to move on and forget ZP.
BY THE WAY - did you (other orphaned users) find a nice replacement you would suggest? ;-)
Edu