• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RC23

RC23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:53 AM

In my setup I´m using a loudspeaker controller software called Frequency Allocator. http://www.thuneau.com/allocator.htm

The problem is with Allocator using very large processing blocks of 8192 samples which implicates a time delay of 85ms using a sample frequence of 96kHz.

Posted Image

Does ZoomPlayer Pro support a function to delay video vs. audio?

#2 RC23

RC23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:19 AM

There was a DirectShow-Filter called TimeMachine to force video and audio to full lipsynch. Is this the right way for ZoomPlayer Pro?

Meanwhile I have discovered TimeMachine http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=66976

In a german home cinema forum I positive feedback by user mrtomba for TimeMachine in combination with ZoomPlayer. http://www.beisammen.de/thread.php?threadi...itverz%F6gerung

Do other users have good experiences with TimeMachine?

#3 ecb

ecb

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:30 AM

You can do this in ZP with Shift + NumPad + or NumPad - and adjust in 10ms increments. I can imagine only limited situations where 5ms is important enough to matter. ReClock is something that might be useful for you.

#4 RC23

RC23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

My test with ZP wasn´t yet successful. Probably a classical user error. :)

After typing "Shift" and "Number" i.e. 8 I get displayed "Blanking 8". What have I to do different?

Your second advice ReClock is installed. Is "sound pre-buffer size" the right parameter to solve my time problem between video and audio?

I need a constant time offset of 85ms between audio and video whereas the video signal has to come 85ms later. It´s the classical lip-sync-problem.

Posted Image

#5 J.B.

J.B.

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:34 PM

Wrong buttons. It's SHIFT and +, SHIFT and -.

#6 ecb

ecb

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:57 AM

Oh. I see now that ReClock comes before you need it. And it is '+', not '8' to adjust the audio sync.

#7 RC23

RC23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

The button "Shift" and "+" produces a stepwise greater ZoomPlayer window.

The right shortcut for audio sync ? Audio sync means that audio and video are synced. Pressing the buttons "Shift" and "+" effects an automatic audio sync?

At my PC audio and video are now good synced. But in my above described project I will get an audio offset of estimated 85ms. Is then the shortcut "Shift" and "+" the right way to get audio sync?

What´s the meaning of your answer?

Oh. I see now that ReClock comes before you need it.

I don´t really understand it (not yet).

#8 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

ZP has an audio resync feature that adjusts the audio/video ratio in 10ms increments.
The keys are Shift "Keypad +" and Shift "Keypad -". Keypad is the technical name for the right-side numbers block on your keyboard.

This value is not remembered between files (loading a new file resets the value). You need something more permanent... With most audio systems, you usually have this in the hardware (receiver). Each speaker can have a calibrated delay. I have this in my pioneer receiver and seen it in pretty much any receiver. Your best bet is the hardware solution.

#9 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:04 AM

[attachment=537:ffdshowdelay.JPG]

Would this feature of ffdshow solve this problem?

#10 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

generalleoff :
I believe it would, good find.

#11 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

ffdshow is the answer to almost everything. ac3filter also has a audio/video sync option thats accurate to 1ms but it's not per channel like ffdshow. both would none the less remain permanent across all files.

[edit]

actually ac3filter does have a per channel delay feature. It's on the gains tab. ac3filter still only supports 5.1 though.

#12 kabaldan

kabaldan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

What version of ffdshow allows you to use a negative value for audio delay?