• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fervor

Fervor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:00 AM

In 4.5, the control bar used to pop up within the video area. When I zoom out my projector to show 16:9, the control bar was visible.

In 5.0, the control bar shows up at the bottom of the screen, completely ignoring the aspect ratio of the video. So it's not visible when I watch widescreen content.

I tried changing the options:Interface:Control Bar:Display, but nothing works. The 'Screen-Align the Control Bar to:' setting doesn't seem to work at all.

Is there another option somewhere that might fix this?

Thanks.

#2 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:09 PM

Go in options 'Interface>Control Bar' and in the "General Behavior" group enable "Prevent the control bar from moving offscreen...".

#3 Fervor

Fervor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:14 PM

I guess I didn't make that part clear. I'm using zoom on my front projector, which is a 16:9. My HTPC's resolution is 4:3. So when I view a widescreen video, I'll go to fullscreen, then zoom in my projector to only show the video.

The control bar does this on my normal work computer as well, which is 1280x1024. The control bar stays at the bottom of the screen, rather than displaying within the video area.

#4 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

Oh I see. You zoom the projector not Zoom Player.

I went over all the options and it seems broken right now. I know how it used to work in 4.51 and like you I can not get it working in 5.0 with the alignment options. Looks like you will have to wait until 5.1.

If you want for the time being you can use the detach option and put the bar anyplace you want. This will probably mean the bar will ride high on 4:3 content though. You can also alter the Y offset but this will also cause it to ride high.

#5 m365

m365

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:48 AM

i have same problem when full screen play on 42' PDP, use PDP built-in zoom to force 16:9 (while zp's aspect ratio is set to derived), half of control bar is out of TV screen.

#6 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:32 PM

Did you try enabling "position the control bar relative to the video area" (options / interface / control bar / display) ?.

#7 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:57 PM

I tried every combination I could think of with the CBar positioning options. prevent moving off screen, position to video area, video align, and screen align options. It works in window mode but in zoom/fulls creen modes I am not able to get the bar to follow the video area. I checked them against overlay and VMR9 (renderless) in case a different renderer mattered. They didn't and I doubt think they would have mattered.

#8 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

I just checked it and it works just fine with the "position the control bar relative to the video area" setting enabled (even in fullscreen). With this setting enabled, the control bar always remains within the video area.