21 replies to this topic

#1 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:01 AM

I hope this hasn't been posted, but i tried searching... so here goes..
When I launch zoomplayer, and the playlist navigator is open (i have it on the main display, whereas the video window is full screened on my secondary display) if i launch the full screen navigator it shows only half of it. until i click on the video window with my mouse/remote mouse button. then it will display properly full screen on top of the video window. if i close the playlist, it always will launch full screen. also, using my remote control to control zoom player in the background, when i press a button which launches the full screen navigator, if anything (explorer, etc) else is in focus rather than the playlist, it also launches full screen.
i hope you understand this.. it is only an issue, because the main pc in my living room sometimes i use the playlist to line up shows to watch, and when they are finished, i use the remote, and have to remember to de-select the playlist window...
thanks a million..
dave

#2 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:16 AM

bump - anything? please.. this is slightly important, for my htpc i had to turn off the playlist editor completely, since that is entirely remote controlled. but i would rather have the playlist showing (especially for my main pc) without having to de-select the window to use my remote..
thanks

#3 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:55 AM

I have experienced this before with a multi monitor setup but I was never able to figure out why it happened or how to stop it. It just went away on it's own or it didn't. Wish I could help more.

#4 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

I have experienced this before with a multi monitor setup but I was never able to figure out why it happened or how to stop it. It just went away on it's own or it didn't. Wish I could help more.

thanks.. i know how to make it stop, just close the playlist.. i know how to make it appear, just open the playlist and click on it with the mouse, then launch the navigator. unfortunately, i don't know how to make it stop & have the playlist open when i launch zoomplayer.. :)

#5 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:24 AM

daveid:
how do you have multi-monitor configured? Span mode, clone mode, extend mode?

I could possibly see this happening in span mode, but that isn't a mode you'd use for media playback...

#6 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:00 AM

daveid:
how do you have multi-monitor configured? Span mode, clone mode, extend mode?

I could possibly see this happening in span mode, but that isn't a mode you'd use for media playback...

dual view or extended as you put it.. my displays are independent of each other, they do not share an image.
how about a screenshot to show you my pain.. and like i said, if the playlist is closed or de-selected (if i click on the video window per-se) the navigator launches full screen as it should. that was the solution to my htpc in the bedroom, to just close the playlist entirely.
Posted Image

#7 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:03 AM

Yep thats the same problem I used to get and I am SO about to get those Fat Albert DVDs.

#8 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:09 AM

Yep thats the same problem I used to get and I am SO about to get those Fat Albert DVDs.

hehe. my gf saw it at hollywood video and had to have it.. we only got the first one though.. gotta find more for her..
but yeah.. at least i am not alone in this.. do you have a dual-view set-up as well? and not a span mode? for the life of me i can't put my hands on why this would happen, as i have played with just about every setting i could imagine inside of zoom player. i don't think there is a setting i didn't try.. :) to no avail.. perhaps if the video window had focus when launched instead of the playlist? but i don't know how that could be implemented.

#9 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:22 AM

I no longer have a multi monitor setup but i could easily put it back together if needed for any testing. I guess I might as well.

When it was setup I had it like you have. Task bar was on one screen and the other just showed a wallpaper. I used to drag Zoom Player over to the second monitor so I could watch movies while playing a game. The navs would sometimes open half off screen like that. I was never able to fix it but it did not always do it. It is an nVidia card BTW.

I never use playlists but still got the problem so I don't think the playlists themselves have anything to do with the root of the problem. The only nav I ever use is the file nav.

As for the fat Albert DVDs they released 6 total. 3 box sets and 3 holiday specials.

[edit]

Alright it's all back together and I tried reproducing it with the playlist as you described but it did not happen. I'll leave it on and see if it does it.

Oh and my drivers are 93.71.

#10 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:29 AM

I no longer have a multi monitor setup but i could easily put it back together if needed for any testing. I guess I might as well.

When it was setup I had it like you have. Task bar was on one screen and the other just showed a wallpaper. I used to drag Zoom Player over to the second monitor so I could watch movies while playing a game. The navs would sometimes open half off screen like that. I was never able to fix it but it did not always do it. It is an nVidia card BTW.

I never use playlists but still got the problem so I don't think the playlists themselves have anything to do with the root of the problem. The only nav I ever use is the file nav.

As for the fat Albert DVDs they released 6 total. 3 box sets and 3 holiday specials.

[edit]

Alright it's all back together and I tried reproducing it with the playlist as you described but it did not happen. I'll leave it on and see if it does it.

Oh and my drivers are 93.71.

so this is odd, since it only happens to me if the playlist is open when zoom player is launched. if the playlist is not open, no problem. if i click on the video window, no problem. i have zoomplayer set to remember my window positions, so the video window automatically launches maximized on my television (second monitor). and i mean the playlist editor (in case there was any confusion). so the simple act that you take of launching zoomplayer, and moving the video window causes the video window to be in focus, negating the problem. however, if you then click on the playlist (while it is located on your other display device) and launch a full-screen navigator, it will appear like in my screenshot.
if however, i move the playlist to the secondary display, and maximize the video window on the primary display, i can not launch the full-screen navigator from the playlist (shift-f), it simply does not appear.
i am using nvidia cards in both my pcs, and i believe both use the 91.48 drivers.
this also occurs using two monitors, taking the television out of the equation.
ok, so if the playlist is to the left of the video window the navigator will not show at all. on a secondary OR primary display. so if i change the orientation of my monitor(s) i can re-produce this every time now.
let's try to simplify (or complicate) this.
1. With a dual-view monitor set up, when the play list editor resides on a display other than the one the video window is on, there are problems displaying the full-screen navigator when the play list editor is OPEN upon launch OR when it is in focus.
2. With the playlist on the display on the RIGHT side of the two, the navigator shows as in my screenshot.
3. With the playlist on the display on the LEFT side of the two, the navigator will not show at all (unless the video window is in focus).
4. Neither action occurs if the play list editor is simply closed.
i think that sums it up..

#11 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:05 AM

Alright I can reproduce that now.

Easy way to reproduce it for Blight:

Open ZP on secondary (non task-bar) display in zoom/full screen mode.
Press alt+l to open playlist
Move playlist to primary (task-bar) display.
While playlist is still in focus press shift+f

Nav should now be open half off screen. Reverse the procedure (ZP on primary and playlist on secondary) and the result will be navs not displaying. They do open though and will show up if you leave full/zoom mode.

[edit]

The Station Manager (X) and Skin Selector (N) will also cause it. I use the skin selector regularly so that may have been what was causing it to seemingly happen at random for me.

#12 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:58 AM

thanks for working this out with me, and finding a way to re-create it easily. i would love to see a solution to this, or a feasible work-around.
well.. i gotta go to bed, or i'll be sluggish at work tomorrow... thanks again for the input at testing, and thank you blight for taking the time to look into this. you're the greatest.. :)

#13 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:14 AM

Blight I have another issue you can check out while looking into this.

Put ZP in full/zoom mode on the secondary display.
Now right click the task-bar button and select "reset window position".

Zoom Player should give out an access violation error at this point.

Also some issues with the tray icon under full/zoom on secondary display.

double click the icon and Zoom Player will come out of full/zoom into window mode but the skin will not be loaded.
right click the icon and go in 'actions' and select "Restore". It will go into Window mode with no skin + the control bar will sometimes be displayed incorrectly on the primary monitor.
right click the icon and go in 'actions' and select "Restore & Reset". It will go into window mode with no skin + the control bar will sometimes be displayed incorrectly on the primary monitor + access violation.

#14 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:38 PM

generalleoff:
I can't get the reset window position to throw an error. I tried various methods (video playing, not playing, window mode, fullscreen mode, control bar on/off. All on seconday monitor with the reset bringing the window back nicely to the main monitor). When you see the crash, does the error has any details (like which module crashed), does the video renderer setting has an effect on the crash?

I can confirm the click on the tray icon issue when fullscreen/zoom on a seconday montior and it has been fixed.

As for the half-screen navigator display. I can't reproduce it. I tried it with the secondary monitor on the left, right and bottom right positions relative to the main monitor. I tried different interfaces visible and in focus to see if it has an effect on the position. I did what generalleoff suggested to no effect.

It may be somehow related to some other setting you may have set, so if you can export your settings and upload them here (dont forget to zip the registry file after exporting), I'll take another look.

#15 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

here are my settings. it may help to know that i am launching the navigator through a remote control that sends commands to zp in the background. but i can reproduce it if i launch zp and right click on the playlist and select launch file navigator (shift-f). which tells me it is not my remote. i hope this is an easy find for you.. thanks again.Attached File  settings.zip   6.23KB   2 downloads

#16 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

Even with your settings, I can't seem to replicate this.

Your settings are a bit odd as it seems you have the main video on the primary monitor and the play list on the secondary monitor, but still... can't seem to reproduce this issue.

#17 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

I checked the "restore" things again and this time it's not giving me the access violation. Not sure what changed.

#18 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:31 AM

Even with your settings, I can't seem to replicate this.

Your settings are a bit odd as it seems you have the main video on the primary monitor and the play list on the secondary monitor, but still... can't seem to reproduce this issue.

umm. i have the video on the secondary and the playlist on my primary. how do my settings reflect the opposite?
just out of curiosity, what video card do you have? ati or nvidia?

#19 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:05 PM

I'm on an NVIDIA 7600GT using 101.41 drivers under VISTA 32bit.

#20 daveid

daveid

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:22 AM

I'm on an NVIDIA 7600GT using 101.41 drivers under VISTA 32bit.

odd.. perhaps it is the driver i use. i am using a 7300gt in my primary rig and a 7600gs in my secondary rig (both showed this issue) but i use the 91.48 drivers under windows XP. as i am not interested in using vista just yet, i guess i can try another driver version...
nah, using the 101.02 drivers the same issue occurs. thought i'd give it a shot though.. oh well..