#1 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

Hi,
if you backup your HD-DVD, you get a decrypted file with an .evo extension. This file plays fine in PowerDVD 6.5 (if you don't have a HDCP-compliant graphics card) and in POwerDVD 7.2 (you need a HDCP-compliant card).

If you render the file in GraphEdt (you'll need Sonic HD filters to do so) the video is rendered fine, but there's no audio.

When I play the file in the ZP, I get no video and no sound at all, though I expected that because there's no profile for EVO or VC-1 files. How could I create a new profile for such a file? The required Sonic filters are CinemasterVideo.dll and SonicHDDemuxer.dll.

thanks...

Posted Image

#2 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

ok more info, the Dolby Digital Plus track can be rendered in GraphEdit using Intervideo Demux + plus Intervideo Audio Decoder.

any idea as to how to create a profile for both VC1 (using Sonic Demux-->Sonic Video Decoder) and DDPlus (using Intervideo Demux-->Intervideo Audio Decoder).

#3 J.B.

J.B.

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:13 PM

I'm abit too lazy for a step by step guide right now, but I can give you some hints.

First thing to do is go to "Options/Playback/Smart Play/Settings & Black List" and activate "Show Smart Play graph creation errors".

Now under the "Source Files and Splitters" and "Audio and Video Decoders" tabs you can add new entries by pressing the "new" buttons.

Basically you need to add and edit the right entries needed to make ZP recreate the graph that works in Graphedit. Every time your graph fails you will get an error message telling you exactly why. Just explore the options in ZP and read the error messages and you should be able to work it out.

#4 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

I got the video part working. USed Sonic Demux in MPEG Splitter and SOnic Video in MPEG2 Video (I had to manually the add missing subtype).

Problem is audio because I get no error. ZP uses AC3 but I hear no sound. I guess there's a missing subtype, but since there's no error I have no idea which is subtype I need to add. Where can I find the subtype?

I also tried Intervideo Demux + Intervideo Audio, but ZP tells me they're not compatible. However, they render the file fine in GraphEdt. I guess I should add Intervideo Demux somewhere in the source splitters (or create a new one), but I just don't know how 'cos I don't know which is the missing subtype...

#5 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

ok, solved!

the Intervideo Demux is available under the MPEG2 splitter profile. I can play the audio now 'cos I just added the missing subtype.

However, the Sonic Demux is used under the same MPEG2 splitter profile, meaning I have to choose either Sonic Demux for video or Intervideo Demux for Audio, but not both!!!

Can this be solved somehow?

#6 nottheone

nottheone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

If you render the file in GraphEdt (you'll need Sonic HD filters to do so) the video is rendered fine, but there's no audio.
The required Sonic filters are CinemasterVideo.dll and SonicHDDemuxer.dll.

What product do I need to purchase to get the required Sonic dll's??

Thanks

#7 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:26 PM

you'll need Sonic Scenarist 4.1

c'mon, I know this can be done. Some people are playing the .evo files (they're basically vc-1 files) using the Sonic filters for video and AC3 for audio in MPC.

That doesn't work with ZP. I get video OR audio, but not both.

#8 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

I have been screwing with this for a couple hours and ffdshow is capable of playing both the audio and the video in these files but we do not yet have a decent splitter.

The Gabest MPEG splitter will output the video stream fine but fails to expose an audio pin so you can't get audio. In this situation ffdshow plays the video just fine using the AVC1 decoder.

If you install the large and expensive Sonic Scenarist software and use the Sonic HD Demuxer it will expose the audio and video pins but using ffdshow with it seems to just output smeared video. The audio works fine with the ffdshow audio decoder in this situation. The AC3 filter also works.

Basically it looks to me like their is only one relatively minor component that needs to be worked out and I somehow doubt it is going to take very long to happen. It's already partly working. I say just wait on this instead of fighting with codecs and risking possible system instability and other nasty surprises. Thats what I am going to do anyway. I bet we will have a free working splitter in less than a month.

#9 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:21 PM

as I said, the files can be played in MPC using Sonic filters and AC3. I just don't know which is the problem in ZP.

If I set the Sonic HD Demuxer and Sonic Video Decoder plus AC3, I get video, but no sound.
If I set the Intervideo Demultiplexer and the Intervideo Video Decoder plus AC3 or Intervideo Audio Decoder, I get sound, but no video.

Problem is, both the Sonic Demuxer and the Intervideo Demultiplexer seem to use the same subtype, thus there seems to be no workaround. A better splitter is indeed needed... but the Sonic one works in MPC.

edit: now that the HD-DVD discs will being floating around UNPROTECTED, any player supporting the proper VC1 playback will be benefited from it !!!!

#10 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:02 PM

Maybe these will be useful for you. This is the EVO profiles I built when I was testing this. You will have to add cyberlink and intervideo decoders and demultiplexers yourself if you want to try them as I don't have them. You might also have to add some subtypes as well.

You will want to go into the 'MPEG-2 Program' splitter configuration and add EVO to the ignore file extension list to prevent it from playing EVO files. Do the same in H.264 video and AC3 audio and any other audio formats you run into that I haven't.

#11 J.B.

J.B.

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

Any chance of getting an evo demo file? Smaller than 20 GB if possible. :)

#12 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:28 PM

You can find two on ed2k.

Departed Trailer.EVO ~112MB
MAININTRO.EVO ~130MB

I fond them posted over on Doom9 forums but I'm not going to post the hashes. They are easy enough to find.

#13 J.B.

J.B.

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

Thx, download started.

#14 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

thanks for the EVO profiles, but no luck so far. the problem seems to be in the Sonic splitter. The video works, but the audio is not properly rendered. AC3 or Intervideo appear as being used, but no sound at all. The only way I managed to get sound is using Intervideo Demultiplexer + Intervideo Audio Decoder, but if I use the Intervideo Demultiplexer then I can't use Sonic HD Demux and I get no video!!!

btw, when rendering .evo files using Smart Play, can I somehow avoid ZP switching to Standard Mode when Smart Plays fails to render the file?

#15 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:36 PM

No Zoom Player will always fall back to standard if a smart play graph fails. You can't prevent it.

#16 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

In my opinion, that should be optional. You could save a lot of time when testing problematic files, such as evo ones, which take an awful lot of time to be played in the standard mode.

#17 inti

inti

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

If you know how to make a working graph (e.g. in Graphedit) you can create "manual" instructions for Zoom Player to create the same graph and place them in a file evo.mediagraph in the MediaGraph folder (does this still work in 5.00? It certainly did work in v4). I would say RTFM ... except that like many advanced features of Zoom Player this is virtually undocumented.

The techniques for making correct .mediagraph files are well known for people who used early versions of Zoom Player (before version 3.00?) It is quite easy if you understand Directshow graphs and if you look at the existing examples in the MediaGraph folder - you will need the correct subtypes (CLSID) though. There is even a tool to automate the .mediagraph creation if you are able to save a Graphedit graph in XML format (I'm not sure that's still possible with all versions of Graphedit): search the Inmatrix.com site for the tool "XML2ZOOM".

I'm sure a reader of this thread can do the job. I can't do it for you, as I don't have the Sonic filters and I'm not willing to buy Scenarist 4.1 to get them either!

Problem is, both the Sonic Demuxer and the Intervideo Demultiplexer seem to use the same subtype, thus there seems to be no workaround.

That seems highly unlikely, unless they are actually the same filter (maybe two different versions of the same filter?)

#18 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

Manual media graphs are still supported but Blight doesn't put much emphasis on them anymore in favor of the custom/smart play feature of V4 and V5. They are still supported for legacy compatibility only.

#19 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:05 PM

Inti,

I just sent you a pm.

#20 cirerita

cirerita

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:33 PM

attached pic of an evo file properly rendered in GrapEdt. How can we do this in ZP???
I guess I'm missing the subtype Intervideo Demux uses for the audio, but I just can't find it!
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i13608...apgraphedit.jpg

got it working!!!! just opened the graph file with ZP and it works, both video and audio. However, the perfect way would be to directly open ANY evo file, but for that we need a working profile.
Here's the detailed working graph in ZP:

Attached Files