14 replies to this topic

#1 Ophiel X

Ophiel X

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:11 AM

http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/ has a FLAC filter that is much more reliable, just don't know how to install only the FLAC.

CoreFLAC has an inherent flaw that causes it to randomly crash on seek, and usually crash on close. (mostly on RipAsOne rips)

#2 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:25 AM

If yer asking how you can install only the FLAC part of this then I guess you might be able to extract the .DLL files with 7zip. Extract the EXE like it was an archive.

It looks like the files you need are:
dsfFLACDecoder.dll
dsfNativeFLACSource.dll
libFLAC.dll
libFLAC++.dll

You will proly also need:
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll

Stick those in some folder some place together and run regsvr32.exe on them from the command line or create a batch file. Everything but the msvc* files.

I'm not going to guarantee that's going to work though and while I doubt anything will break on your system but if it does I didn't do it :wacko:

#3 Ophiel X

Ophiel X

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

updated instructions:

keys not showing properly in code tag, so i attached a copy.

this key store where the actual DLL is located, i use a batch file like so:

reg add HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6DDA37BA-0553-499A-AE0D-BEBA67204548}\InprocServer32 /ve /d "%programfiles%\DSFP\FLAC\dsfNativeFLACSource.dll" /f

these files must reside alongside dsfNativeFLACSource.dll (unstable):
libFLAC.dll
libFLAC++.dll
MSLUP80.dll
MSLUR80.dll

for (stable) you will need: msvcp71.dll + msvcr71.dll

instead of MSLUP80.dll and MSLUR80.dll

uninstall code is the easy part:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Media Type\Extensions\.flac]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance\Native FLAC Source Filter]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6DDA37BA-0553-499A-AE0D-BEBA67204548}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Extensions\.flac]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\MIME Types\audio/x-flac]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Groups\Audio\FLAC]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\Extensions\.flac]

i left out one key from the uninstall whose only purpose is to let WMP know that .flac is audio. i figured that one can stay.

Attached Files

#4 Ophiel X

Ophiel X

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:01 AM

just a quick note that if you use FFDShow, you'll only need the source filter, you can exclude the decoder and it's reg entries

#5 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:57 PM

Not trying to say something totally obvious like yer dumb or anything like that. I just really wasn't sure if you were asking for ways to do it or not.

I'm personally not interested in FLAC right now so I'm not going to install this but it seems you got it working for yourself so that's cool. You got it working right? Others will proly be interested. You should proly post instructions how to do it down in filter tips & tricks.

#6 Ophiel X

Ophiel X

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:05 AM

oh yah, it's working great. i've tested it with and without the decoder, using the exact info above.

i'm still amazed by how snappy it is, it really is a vast improvement over the Core one.

the other forum is a good idea, didn't even notice you guys had a filter forum i'm so used to posting here ;)

would you mind moving it for me?

#7 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:54 PM

If you post a real installer, like the files that needed with an nsis script, I may integrate it into the format section of the inmatrix site under FLAC support.

#8 Ophiel X

Ophiel X

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:19 AM

hell, i guess i could put together an installer. i have it integrated into my codec pack right now.

testing the unstable release right now, which has some increased support. it's a tiny bit unstable so far, but i think it might be related to something else. still way more stable than coreflac though.

update: (unstable) release is not recommended by me at this time. but the stable release is rock solid and fast. it spikes at like 2% cpu, and is usually closer to somewhere between 0 and 1.

#9 Ophiel X

Ophiel X

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WR2U6HC5
installer is xp or newer only. is that bad?

that's without the decoder, because i uninstalled ffdshow and still didn't need the decoder. i'm not entirely sure what circumstances require the decoder.

i'm installing a fresh xp in vmware right now to see if i need the decoder or not. i have one put together if it's needed.

edit: nope, didn't need the decoder, worked fine in MP9 on a bare xp install.

#10 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

Can't download this, megaupload is not the best place, maybe try rapidshare...

And why XP only?

#11 Bobbias

Bobbias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:32 PM

Could it be written in .net? I'm not sure, but isn't .net XP or newer?
I've had WAY less trouble on megaupload than rapidshare, but here you go.

#12 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

An XP-only installer doesn't make sense, if someone could just post the files and if there's a registry value that needs to be put in place, I can do that and make a simple NSIS installer and put it on the new Zoom Player install center.

#13 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:41 PM

Ok, I just wrote my own installer and i'll put it on the site in a few minutes.

#14 Guest_qwerty`_*

Guest_qwerty`_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:50 PM

@ Blight, your installer doesn't work for me on. it's missing this key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Media Type\Extensions\.flac]
"Source Filter"="{6DDA37BA-0553-499a-AE0D-BEBA67204548}"

also it doesn't unregister the dll properly when uninstalling, but that's not your fault. nullsoft installer is picky.

i compiled an installer and posted it over at CCCP if you wanna put this one on the site instead.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DF782QSS
http://rapidshare.com/files/9974707/illimi...3.1936.exe.html

#15 Blkbird

Blkbird

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

Can anyone please explain again the steps I need to do to install only the source filter in order to decode FLAC with ffdshow? I copied dsfNativeFLACSource.dll and applied the reg file in #3, but it's not working.