4 replies to this topic

#1 bitmonster

bitmonster

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:24 PM

Blight asked me to announce the EventGhost project in this forum, so here it is:

What is EventGhost?

EventGhost is an open-source automation tool for MS Windows, that can be extended through plugins. It can use different input devices like infrared or wireless remotes to trigger macros, that on their part can control the PC, its programs and its attached hardware. After the user has configured everything to its needs through the easy to use GUI, the program will run silently in the system tray and waits for an event to arrive. So it can be used to control a Media-PC with a normal consumer remote for example.

EventGhost has a plugin for Zoom Player, so you can extensively control your favorit Media-Player with ease. Since it uses the TCP/IP interface, you can also control instances on other PCs over network. But EventGhost's possible uses go much beyond this. For example it has a webserver as a plugin, will also work together with Netremote and allows comprehensive scripting of automation tasks.

Just take a look at the EventGhost site, to find out what you can also do with it:
www.eventghost.org

If you have questions or suggestions, you can visit the support forum at:
www.eventghost.org/forum

We started also a Wiki to document the project. Eventhough there is not so much content till now, you can take a look at:
www.eventghost.org/wiki

Note: EventGhost is open-source (GPL) and therefor will forever be free-software. So you can get and use it without charge.

#2 Gkar

Gkar

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:52 AM

Be aware that to use this software with the new version MCE remote control (there is no availability to use the original remote at this time) you will need to upgrade your IR driver to a fake one.

If you decide to roll back to the original ehome IR driver, the remote will still not function in MCE.

I had to revert back to an earlier ghost image I had taken to get my remote's operation back.

#3 bitmonster

bitmonster

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:23 AM

I had to revert back to an earlier ghost image I had taken to get my remote's operation back.

Did you select "Yes, this time only" at the Windows Update prompt, while you executed "Update Driver"? Normally this should revert the driver to the original one.

#4 gorman

gorman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Is there anything resembling a manual?

I wanted to try this but I'm really lost... :)

#5 bitmonster

bitmonster

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:31 AM

http://www.eventghos...with_EventGhost