21 replies to this topic

#1 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:28 PM

We're doing a quick 4.51 release with fixes for everything found in the 4.50 final release.

Also, some interesting optimizations have creeped in, but nothing that should cause instability (simple code changes).

Here's the actual change list (from v4.50 final):
* The Zoom Player Function Selection dialog (accessible through
   several interfaces) contain a new search function, allowing
   you to search through Zoom Player's 100's of functions.

* New button on the Keyboard Editor's Add/Edit key interface
   allowing you to select a function from the Function Selection
   Dialog instead of the drop-down list.

* The Intergrated Keyboard Editor contains a new search function.

* New Comm API messages (1704).

* New "Dot Crawl" Test Pattern (Shift+"P").  Dot Crawl is the
   effect caused by using Composite cables where the Color and
   Brightness signals are transferred on the same wire. S-Video
   partially eliminates this problem and Component Cables should
   eliminate it completely.

+ Resizing of Skinned Windows (Main UI/Play List/Control Bar)
   should now be (quite?) a bit faster.

+ The "Allow EXT anywhere in name" checkbox for the Archive
   Playback function now requires that the extension contained
   within the file name be followed by a period.

+ Changes to how DVD Next/Previous chapter operates, might
   be a bit faster (on our test systems, chapter changes are
   now instantaneous).

- Dragging the video window to a different monitor or switching
   resolutions while a video is playing should no longer cause
   DVDs to restart!  This has been a long time issue which is
   hopefully finally resolved.

- Fixed a "List Index out of Bounds" error when using the Halli
   Media Splitter filter along with the Preferred Subtitle
   stream feature.   

- Sending Comm API message #1600/#1700 would return a stream's
   name instead of its index number.

- If the Play List Editor was Magnetized and the Equalizer was
   not, opening the equalizer would open it in a magnetized
   position instead of it's last position.

- The Random Play button on the Play List Editor would show
   an incorrect bitmap when enabled (cosmetic glitch).

- You can now switch to Audio Mode even when in fullscreen.

- You can now switch to Audio Mode from DVD Mode.

Download Zoom Player v4.51 Release Candidate 1

#2 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:34 PM

The new Comm API message is:

info:
 1704 - DVD Sub Disabled              | 0 - Sub Visible
                                      | 1 - Sub Hidden

control:
 1704 - Hide DVD Subtitle             | Disable DVD Subtitles from showing

#3 midiboy

midiboy

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:09 PM

Hi Blight,

he Zoom Player Function Selection dialog (accessible through
  several interfaces) contain a new search function, allowing
  you to search through Zoom Player's 100's of functions.

What interfaces are you talking about ? Maybe I am misunderstanding the point here but are you talking about a search function for ZoomPlayer´s features ? Like if I need to know where the feature XXX is in the options dialog (lets say I only remember the word "thread") would it show me all features that contain the word thread and show me where they are ? (In this case Options\Values and Tools\Other\Player Thread Priority)

If you are talking about something else then this might be a great great thing for the wish list.

Recently I wanted to use ZP for a picture slideshow and somehow ZP had a random function activated. I could not for the life of it find the place to turn that off until i searched for "random" in the key file. But I did not find the function anywhere in the Options/settings pages.

A function search option would have been great ... :huh:

Bye,
Alex

#4 midiboy

midiboy

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:15 PM

Bye the way ....

THANKS for the improved DVD chapter skip and "move player window between monitors" function !

Those are REALLY improved and work absolutely great now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes it is the small things that matter ....

:huh:

Bye,
Alex

#5 midiboy

midiboy

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:42 PM

again, me ... :huh:

something for the customized media mode ...

1. Could you add a ffdshow profile for the Quicktime JPEG (!) Video decoder ? I have a few mov´s created by my digicam that play fine with ffdshow but show a black screen when using the default "Null Renderer" ...

2. Another small movie made by a mobile phone, which has the 3GP extension and also plays using ffdshow. However, it only plays in standard mode. Customized media mode gives this error message:

Could not find a suitable Decoder for "[Source File: Customized Graph].Video Out"
SubTypes:
{33363273-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}

Gspot reports a 3GPP Media (MP4 compat) mime type: video/mp4

Thanks,
Alex

#6 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:52 PM

midi...
You know the drill, small sample files delivered to "inmatrix at gmail dot com". And include a description of what is missing with each sample. If you do it quickly enough, it will make 4.51 final (i'm aiming for a final release by the end of next week if everything checks out).

As far as the function search interface, it's actually for the keyboard editor and a few other places. Not for ZP's options dialog, it's way way way too complicated to search that properly.

#7 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:53 PM

With regards to chapter changes... the funny thing is, I tried making the current change probably 2 years ago and it didn't work, microsoft must have changed something in the navigator to make it work since.

#8 generalleoff

generalleoff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:11 AM

The new change to audio mode from DVD mode is great. It gave me a use for the upper right corner on my Amiga skin in DVD mode.

However it has a bug right now. Switching to audio mode from DVD mode causes the DVD mode skin to be replaced with the media mode skin.

#9 Suzi

Suzi

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:39 AM

Hi Blight,

1. The fnDecRate and fnIncRate are supposed to decrease or increase the playrate(speed) of the movie. But, I am not able to make it function properly, and what it does is skip/seek, instead. So, is the mistake on my side or on your side?

2. And, after opening the color controls through the context menu(controls/color controls), the only way to close it is by clicking again through the context menu. Clicking on the close bar, toggles normal play/slow motion.

#10 Suzi

Suzi

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:42 PM

Blight,

Updating the default keys solved the color controls issue but the fnDecRate and fnIncRate is not solved yet.

The fnDecRate is working as rewind and the fnIncRate is working as fast-forward, instead.

I did check/uncheck the "user interface control for "Fast Play/Slow Motion" instead of "Fast Forward/Rewind"" in the options/Settings/Playback , but that did not help.

Thanks.

#11 Guest_foxyshadis_*

Guest_foxyshadis_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:22 AM

I don't know if that's been there since 4.5 final or not, but you have the most hilarious pic on the download page. Thanks for the smile. =D

I haven't had as many hangs as I used to (4.0-4.1 era), but I have had a lot more crashes; however, I'm pretty sure most of them aren't zoomplayer's fault, since I've been screwing around with all of my filters like mad lately. The horrors of trying to convince directshow that a filter can split/decode something it thinks it can't.

#12 bitmonster

bitmonster

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:21 PM

BTW: The "autoload-saved-position not working on secondary monitor" bug seems also to be gone.

#13 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:51 PM

generalleoff:
Huh? not on my system... go to audio mode (F2) and open the skin dialog and press on the default button.

Suzi:
Yes, the incrate/decrate work as different fast forward and rewind rates. If you want fast play, then use the fast play function and if you need the slow motion then use the slow motion function...

The other rate controls you mention are for the user interface and not these functions.

foxyshadis:
You mean the Zoom Player Zebra? Yes, we've worked really hard on that one.

As far as crashing, I recommend using Customized Media Mode in ZP Pro as that way you can choose which filters are used for which formats and it's much more stable (and faster loading).

bitmonster:
Maybe it had something to do with the same issue that involved the moving of a DVD window across monitors. So that's good :unsure:

#14 Suzi

Suzi

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:27 AM

Yes, the incrate/decrate work as different fast forward and rewind rates. If you want fast play, then use the fast play function and if you need the slow motion then use the slow motion function...

Blight,

I do use the fnSlowMotion, fnHalfSM, fnHalfFF and fnFastPlay, but , the problem is, they all function on a fixed value.
What I was hoping was, something that would increase or decrease the rate/speed of the video on each click, similar to the fnVolDown/fnVolUp.

I guess, I should post it on the Feature Requests section, then.

#15 maska

maska

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:23 PM

Shouldn't it be 2000-2005 in the start message of unregistered Pro & WMV versions?

There is no icon for Zoom Player in Add or Remove Programs.

Why don't you use the modern interface in the NSIS installer? ;)

Attached Files

#16 Skata

Skata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:37 PM

Thanks Blight!

So far so good. Really Stable

The chapter speed fix is fantastic.

#17 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:40 PM

maska:
there is an icon, the nsis icon... does it really make a difference? And yes, it should say 2005. As far as NSIS interfaces... if you have any scripts you would like to point me out to, I would be happy to take a look.

#18 maska

maska

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:00 PM

Yes, there is that icon but as long as I remember in the previous versions there was ZP's icon. No problem for me if you say it should be like that from now on.

About NSIS modern interface, I was only saying it would look better if you use it in ZP's installer, that's all. :D

I have a small problem regarding ZP and Haali: if I enable in Haali both AVI and MP4 support, AR is not always ok although I'm using the recommended setting for it. I must switch it manually to the right view and then everything is ok. Haali problem? :(

#19 Dean Roddey

Dean Roddey

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:16 AM

I saw some previous discussion with someone about the fact that ZP is not honoring the initial show state given to it when it is started. I know that there was some relatively hot dispute on this, but something is definitely not totally right. I can invoke CreateProcessEx() on any other app, with the STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW and SW_SHOWMINIMIZED flags set in the STARTUPINFO and they startup minimized, but ZP does not. Same with any other flags.

Strangely, I can create a short cut and set the "Minimized" setting on it, and it does come up minimized. I'm guessing that the explorer uses one of the higher level APIs for starting up apps (one of the ShellXXX APIs) that may do some extra work to force the app or something (i.e. it may be making the app do the right thing after creating it by forcing a mimimization of the frame, instead of assuming the app does the right thing.) But since most things probably use CreateProcessEx, it would be nice if it worked via that more fundamental API as well.

In theory, you are supposed to create the main window invisible, and then call ShowWindow(hwnd, SW_DEFAULT), to pick up the default setting that was set in the STARTUPINFO. Are you doing that?

I'm using the 4.50 version, standard.

#20 Dean Roddey

Dean Roddey

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

Ok, some more observations...

If I start it with the minimized flag, it comes up standard size, but it will not minimize. The frame state is probably already minimized, therefore it will not minimize. If I start it up with the standard Show flag, then it will minimize.

So I think that issue isn't that you aren't responding to the initial state, but that somehow you are ignoring the initial state if it is minimize, and you are drawing yourself in the restore position, instead of looking at the minimized state and not drawing. But since the frame thinks it is already minimized, it won't minimize again.

At that point, I can maximize and restore it and that works, but it still won't minimize, so it's stuck with the minimize state as the normal state. This is proveable by then going to the task bar and popping up the menu. Despite the fact that ZP is there visible in normal position, the task bar shows just a Restore item, so it thinks it is minimized. If you do a restore, nothing changes visually on ZP, but I can then minimize it since I 'unstuck' the minimize state.