9 replies to this topic

#1 bugmenotplz

bugmenotplz

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:19 PM

I'm using Zoom Player Pro 4.5. There doesn't seem to be an option for auto-playing in DVD mode. What I want is when I open Zoom Player, if there's a DVD in the drive, it'll play it automatically. Is this possible?

Also, is there an option for always starting Zoom Player in Fullscreen mode?

#2 jeffaries

jeffaries

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:22 PM

Every answers to your requests are here : Command Line Parameters

#3 bugmenotplz

bugmenotplz

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:05 PM

Awesome. Thank you.

#4 b8bboi

b8bboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

Is there anyway to make these settings permanent so I don't have to use the command line parameters?

My external app doesn't command line parameters and is throwing an "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000" error whenever I try to use those.

#5 ecb

ecb

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:32 PM

Yeah. Fullscreen mode... possible (Settings -> Interface, first option).
As for always starting DVDs from your drives in ZP, if you start in DVD mode, I'd imagine that it would work just as you ask (maybe not; however, you *can* set ZP to start in DVD mode). Alternately, you should be able to set ZP as your default DVD player in Windoze, through the drive options (Autoplay options, under Properties).

#6 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:03 AM

b8bboi:
Huh, what are you doing to get that error? is it coming up in ZP?

#7 BigDaddyRal

BigDaddyRal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

Sorry to reopen an old post, but I'm using ZPPro7 and want to accomplish the same thing. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing that allows me to skip the command line param?

Im running Media Center 7 and used an app to add Zoom Player to MC7, I have ZP start in Full Screen in DVD mode, and I want it to play upon opening the program without having to press play.

The app that lets me add ZP to MC7 will not allow me to add command line params and I can't point at a shortcut either.

Any help is appreciated.

#8 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:44 AM

I don't know why an application can let you run a program but not to add params.. but here's something..

You can insert the DVD instead of pressing play.. if you select the setting->playback option "On CD/DVD insert" to "Play (DVD only)".

Also set the auto-play options just below that (just to be sure :( ).

Booga.

#9 BigDaddyRal

BigDaddyRal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:00 AM

I don't know why an application can let you run a program but not to add params.. but here's something..

You can insert the DVD instead of pressing play.. if you select the setting->playback option "On CD/DVD insert" to "Play (DVD only)".

Also set the auto-play options just below that (just to be sure :( ).

Booga.

The app is written that way, I don't get it either.

I tried creating a bat file that opens zplayer with auto play, and the app allowed me to select the bat file. Running the batch file works perfectly:

@echo off
zplayer.exe "d:\video_ts\video_ts.ifo"

The problem now is that in order to leave the program and go back to MC7 all I need do is hit the backspace key, which was fine when running zplayer directly, however the backspace key closes the bat file and leaves zplayer running behind MC7.

Is there something I can add to the bat file to make it close zplayer when the bat file closes?

#10 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

If you have some option of giving batch a command upon exit.. then you sould try to do some "kill" command at the end - like "zplayer.exe /close".
Also, if you only play a specific playlist and want ZP to exit after playing the playlist, there's the /q option.

About batch help.. miau - that ain't me.

Booga.