- Streaming support for:
Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, VK, LiveLeak,
Break.com, Veoh, eBaum's World, VKMag.com,
Team Four Star, GodTube, StreetFire.net,
Daily HaHa, TCMag.com and Bofunk.
- Enhanced media library multi-core threading support for extra smoothness.
- Localization support for TheMovieDB scraper (get posters and information for any language).
- TheAudioDB scraping is now functional again after changes were made to the API.
- Automatic fullscreen navigation skin switching based on the display's aspect ratio.
- Playlist entry highlighting & UX enhancements to the Advanced Playlist Control.
- Many important bug fixes and speedy optimizations.
eBaum's World (ebaumsworld.com)
Team Four Star (teamfourstar.com)
Daily HaHa (dailyhaha.com)
Some sites (e.g. facebook) may require you to enable the extended analysis
mode for the 3DYD filter through the Zoom Player Install Center.
* Automatic fullscreen navigation skin switching based on the display's
For example, by specifying a 16:10 and selected a Zoom Player navigation
skin designed for 16:10 displays.
Skin switching is currently only triggered when opening a navigation
* TheMovieDB.org media library scraping plugin has been enhanced and can
now return non-english meta-data (texts and images).
* The playlist editor (when using the default Onyx skin or the bundled
Alba skin) now draws alternating line highlights making the playlist
easier to track visually.
* The playlist editor's right-click menu now features Colorize actions
that let you easily color-code track(s) text and background colors.
The color information is automatically saved and restored when using
Zoom Player's default ZPL format playlists.
* New "PlayListData/Background2" skin script parameter that specifies
the alternating playlist editor line highlight color.
* New "Thumb rendering threads" setting (Adv. Options / Interface /
Fullscreen Navigation / Thumb View) to specify the number of CPU threads
used to render the thumbview display.
Previously, this setting was hard-coded to use 2 threads, but now you
can specify any value from "Auto" to "16".
Auto mode uses either 2 or 3 threads depending on your PC, but
performance can be improved further with additional threads on systems
containing many cores or high bandwidth RAM.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback) that automatically tries to use
the YouTube IFRAME player if DirectShow playback of a YouTube stream
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls):
"Next / Previous Track" plays the next/prev media in the same folder if
playlist contains 1 file.
This function behind this setting was previously always enabled.
This setting remains enabled by default, but from now you can disable
this behavior from the advanced options dialog.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Controls) to mute the audio when
enabling Slow Motion or Fast Play.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization) to
force the navigation list or thumb view to maximum width.
Unlike the "full width" setting, this setting will make the navigation
list area take the display device's maximum resolution, which can cause
some cosmetic issues (like the thumbnail highlight getting cropped).
* New "Support folders as playlist entries" Setting (Adv. Options /
Interface / Playlist). This setting was previously hardcoded and
is still enabled by default to support advanced playlist functionality.
However, supporting folders as playlist entries triggers a spun-down HDD
drive to spin back up when a playlist is loaded. With this new setting
disabled, you can now prevent drives from accidentally spinning up.
* The advanced playlist control (accessible through the playlist editor
or by pressing "J") now shows the number of items remaining in the
playlist as the search filters the playlist.
* New "Refresh" option (Media Library Category Editor / Configure Category)
for YouTube channels and RSS Streams that refreshes the channel's Name &
* New "exVidMoveHorz" and "exVidMoveVert" extended functions that move
the video area (fullscreen) or player window (when not in fullscreen)
horizontally and vertically.
Command line usage example:
zplayer.exe /exfunc:exvidmovehorz,-200 /exfunc:exvidmovevert,-100
* New "fnToggleOverlayCover" function to toggle the "Video covers entire
display area" setting on and off.
+ Optimized the Media Library's thumbnail drawing code, increasing update
speed and smoothness.
+ The Maximum number of scraping threads used by the media library has
increased from 8 to 16.
+ The advanced playlist control's filter search was searching the
entire playlist on each letter pressed, this caused a sluggish
user experience when dealing with very larger playlists (over
To enhance the user experience, the search action is now only
performed 350-400ms after the last key-stroke, ensuring that
the user interface does not stall while typing.
+ When a media library scraped movie did not contain a backdrop image,
the default background image is now used instead of a black screen.
+ Zoom Player now does a better job at extracting album art images from
media files if the JPEG image contains junk in front of the actual image.
+ The Install Center now includes two configuration profiles for the
3DYD YouTube Source filter that enable HD/4K streaming.
+ Visualization are now supported when the 3DYD YouTube Source filter is
set to "audio only" output.
+ The Command & Control API now notifies when subtitles are enabled/
disabled when using the "fnToggleSub" and "fnDisableDVDsub" functions.
+ Updated the PNG and zLib libraries to newer versions.
- TheAudioDB.com scraper plugin is now functional again after the API used
by the site moved to encrypted communication (https), breaking backward
- TheAudioDB.com media library scraper can now better handle artist names
containing the "-" character, for example "Alt-J - This Is All Yours"
will now properly scrape.
- Starting Zoom Player with the "Do not check if a file exists when adding
to the playlist" setting enabled no longer triggers spun-down HDD drives
- The GuardDog feature tried to restart Zoom Player if Zoom Player's
load time was taking too long (due to HDD drive spin-ups or a network
drive reconnection), from now the guard dog feature will only start
functioning once Zoom Player has finished loading.
- When viewing the media library's TV/Movie in JukeBox mode, the backdrop
images was not scaled and cropped properly on non-16:9 displays
(e.g. 1920x1200 monitor) leaving black bars instead of filling with
- Kinetic scrolling in the media library did not work well using a mouse
cursor, stopping when attempting to scroll multiple times while the
kinetic movement was still in mid process.
- Fixed a possible TheMovieDB.org scraper freeze (could have caused
slow-downs on exit or more rarely, a player freeze) when used in
combination with the "Scrape using media derived title (instead
of file name)" category setting.
- The Media Library's Jukebox mode would not enable if the only file in
the folder was a playlist.
- Fixed a case where a media library scraped movie not containing a
backdrop image showed a backdrop from another movie.
- When the "Scrape using media derived title (instead of file name)" category
setting was enabled, under some conditions, the media's thumbnail would not
display after closing and reopening the media library.
- Playing media that contained certain special characters in the media's
title caused multiple unplayable entries to appear in the play history.
- If a media title contained a 'line feed' or 'return' characters, it would
corrupt the play history.
- With the "Adv. Options / Interface / Position & Size - Auto-Size User
Interface to maintain Video Aspect Ratio (when resizing)" setting enabled,
playing audio files with folder/album art could cause Zoom Player's main
window to display partially off-screen.
- The latest version of mediainfo DLL changed how it extracts cover art
for audio files, breaking Zoom Player support for displaying the album
art with some audio formats (mainly M4A).
- Better album art image extraction from audio files with ID3v2 TAGs when
the image header included some junk data.
- When opening a media file by double-clicking from explorer (or other
file managers), the currently playing track wouldn't highlight correctly
and show the playing position in the playlist editor.
- Using the "Stop" function while a JPEG/PNG image was loading, combined
with a setting that closes the playing media when using the "Stop"
function, caused the image to remain on screen under some conditions.
- Double-clicking an entry on the skin selection dialog could sometimes
trigger an access violation error.
- When opening the playlist editor, under some conditions the bottom
entries would not show up until the playlist screen was refreshed
by a click or scroll.
- The "&" character wasn't showing up in the playlist editor.
- Pressing under the last item in the playlist editor did not
visually select the last item in the list. Then if you pressed
the "Enter" key, it would start playing the last item in the
playlist which was a bit confusing without the visual cue of
a selected entry.
- Fixed a crash when trying to play a video file with too many
external audio tracks. External audio tracks are now limited
to a maximum of 10 tracks.
- When the "Force the navigation list or thumb view display to full width"
setting was enabled in combination with the "Use dynamically visible
scroll bar" setting, the thumbnail would not highlight correctly.
- Zoom Player will no longer try running MediaInfo.dll when playing a URL,
removing the 'unknown error' message from the play information dialogs.
- Using the "^" character in a file name to force the media library
scraper to ignore any text after this character did not work properly
in some cases.
- The "Mute audio during forward and backward seeks" setting was muting
audio when attempting to seek forward/backward in a live stream even
in cases where seeking was not possible.