#1 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

Polished
With each version, I evaluate what improvement can be made to make Zoom Player even more polished and friendly to use. In this version, the media library's TV jukebox mode now shows the episode's last play position right on the thumbnail, the native (and customizable) Windows 10 media library folders are now automatically accessible and finally, fullscreen navigation on 2K/4K screens is automatically set for high performance text anti-aliasing, fixing slow navigation introduced by a change in how Windows 10 creators edition renders high resolution text.

Optimized
The torrents download plugin and the fullscreen download navigation interface changes introduced in version 14 suffered from performance issues when tracking a large number of files (over 10,000), making the interface nearly unusable. To fix this, the entire logic was rewritten and tested to work smoothly with over 28,000 tracked files. Some of these optimizations also made their way into other media library plugins such as YouTube, RSS & Playlist.

Enhanced
This version includes a larger default window size, the ability to abort 'play all files in folder' type functions mid-action, enhanced support for ".m3u8" playlists, more visualization options, a notification when closing Zoom Player takes a bit longer, smoother transition between fullscreen and windowed mode for the media library and many small bugs were squashed.

Support Zoom Player development on Patreon
Would you like to help new features become a reality sooner rather than later? Join us by supporting Zoom Player on Patreon. As a patron you will receive early access to exclusive content, input on future development and the warm fuzzy feeling you get in your heart for helping to make Zoom Player great.

Download : What's new

#2 Shadrach

Shadrach

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

Thank you for the torrent-plugin and the performance fixes, for the media library folders, and the ability to cancel play all files! :kudo:

#3 wdekler

wdekler

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Is the Trakt feature planned for an upcoming 14.x release...?

#4 gunner

gunner

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

I currently have version 13.7.1 build 1371. My Zoom Player is just all messed up, and I wish to get version 14 and to restore all my player defaults. However, I was wondering if I could get some sort of discount since my current version is so close to the new version. Please advise. Thanks.

#5 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:46 AM

Hi Gunner, I answered your email..

Booga.

#6 gunner

gunner

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

Thanks. When did you answer? I have nothing in my PM on this site, and nothing was sent to the email address I provided (although my Hotmail account has been slow for some odd reason when people attach PDF files to emails. It takes 4 or 5 days for me to receive the emails in my inbox).

However, I did get your bulk email about the announcement of Zoom Player 14.1.

#7 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:38 AM

Sorry I missed it..

I sent on the 11.2.2018 to your user's email.. just sent again.

Booga.

#8 Jonny RedHed

Jonny RedHed

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:15 AM

Can I ask when the next beta development cycle will begin.

I have noticed some odd issues in 14.1 final.   

1.  Sometimes when in full screen mode when I mouse click the video area and pause, the control bar does not auto show.  And some other times if I move the mouse down and off the bottom of screen to get the control bar to show, its doesn't. I move the mouse back into screen area and then back down again, nothing.  I have to click to pause and almost every time the control auto shows. Other than when it does not show.    Maybe some mouse/window focus issue.   Has anyone else noticed issues like this ?

#9 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

Hi Jonny,

This sounds like the Zoom Player window had no focus , and then when you click it it regains focus.

So please make sure the window is in focus when trying to operate with it, and see if you still get this issue.

Booga.

#10 Jonny RedHed

Jonny RedHed

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

Hi Jonny,

This sounds like the Zoom Player window had no focus , and then when you click it it regains focus.

So please make sure the window is in focus when trying to operate with it, and see if you still get this issue.

Booga.

I've had this bug for all of v14 development and final, but not before. Full screen I am only using the 50inch plasma. I might click and pause and the control shows, sometimes nothing. Sometimes not when I move the mouse down off the screen.  I keep the playing fullscreen window in focus because I use the mouse wheel for volume and buttons to short skip forward. 

#11 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:35 AM

Jonny:
Is it possible you have conflicting settings?

Enabling "auto-hide control bar instantly when the mouse cursor is moved away from the control bar" may do something like this, is it enabled?

#12 Jonny RedHed

Jonny RedHed

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

Maybe, I checked and attached a screen grab of the settings.

When does the next beta development cycle begin.

Attached Files

#13 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:53 AM

Try a few things:
1. Set the auto-hide control bar to 2 seconds and see if it makes a difference.
2. You currently have settings to show the control bar if the mouse is at the top of the screen and at the bottom, try disabling just one of them and see if it makes a difference.

If you can find a way to consistently replicate this issue, I would be interested.

And as you can see from the beta releases, the development cycle is under way.

#14 Jonny RedHed

Jonny RedHed

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:19 PM

Try a few things:
2. You currently have settings to show the control bar if the mouse is at the top of the screen and at the bottom, try disabling just one of them and see if it makes a difference.

If you can find a way to consistently replicate this issue, I would be interested.

Ok will try and and report back.  Am using the new beta3 now, hadn't checked the website in a few weeks so missed the new beta cycle start up.  

Also,  gentle reminder you asked for about that playlist editor colour thing we discussed some months back.

#15 Jonny RedHed

Jonny RedHed

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:41 AM

So far with 14.2b I've not seen the issue again yet. 

#16 Jonny RedHed

Jonny RedHed

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

Try a few things:

It is happening again now for me with 14.3 and 14.4 b.     Watching full screen for a while with the odd clicking in the video area to pause/play, so the focus should still be with ZP.  Then at some point I'll move the mouse cursor down to the bottom of the full screen to get the control bar and it won't show. I have to click to pause so it shows.

I guess over time maybe something else with windows (win7) is grabbing focus whilst in full screen,  but I don't see anything overlayed like the windows start bar etc.  ZP must have focus,  but just sometimes whilst still playing when I move the cursor down to show the control bar, it doesn't show.

#17 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:01 AM

jonny:
Can you double-check by trying to use the keyboard (e.g. pressing the space key to bring up the control bar) when the mouse is not working to being up the control bar, that will let us know for sure if ZP has focus or not.

#18 Jonny RedHed

Jonny RedHed

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:07 PM

jonny:
Can you double-check by trying to use the keyboard (e.g. pressing the space key to bring up the control bar) when the mouse is not working to being up the control bar, that will let us know for sure if ZP has focus or not.

Space bar works as expected and pauses and shows control bar.