12 replies to this topic

#1 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:19 PM

The final version is ready and contains lots of cool new features! here are the highlights:

Navigation and Media Library Enhancements
The default fullscreen navigation skin has been enhanced with new/polished icons and a cleaner background image for a more modern and professional style.

TheMovieDB.org meta-data scraper plugin has been enhanced to improve the identification accuracy for Movies and TV shows.

The media library setting page includes new controls to easily switch between different audio and video rendering devices in real time.

The fullscreen navigation interfaces can now be detached from the main user interface and displayed in fullscreen on a second monitor.

The download tracking fullscreen navigation interface now shows downloads in a familiar label/folder structure instead of the flat list shown in previous versions.
Control downloading media with more functions such as "Download Priority", "Pause/Resume" and more...

With a new "Playlist" plugin, media library categories can be created by simply pointing to any playlist file.

Download & Tracking
By introducing a Download & Tracking API and greater integration with the open-source qBittorrent client,
Zoom Player can automatically send torrent files and magnet links to qBittorrent and track the download process in
real time. Media files with enough downloaded pieces are highlighted as playable while the media is
still downloading (faux streaming).

qBittorrent version 4 is a requirement for this feature and is now available for download through Zoom Player 14's Install Center.

Check out this cool slideshow demonstrating the new Torrents plugin.

Playback History, Privacy & Child safety
Zoom Player's playback history is a great feature that allows you to resume media playback from the last played position and a lot more (restore volume/subtitle & audio track/etc...).

For additional privacy & child safety, new playback history features have been introduced to provide greater control over how information is retained and later displayed by the play history dialogs.
The new controls provide the additional security that children will not be accidentally exposed to previously played content that is inappropriate for their age.

More Features, Enhancements & Fixes
Many more features, enhancements and fixes didn't make the short list. Make sure to check out the full list by clicking here.

Support Zoom Player development on Patreon
Would you like to help new features become a reality sooner rather than later? Join us by supporting Zoom Player on Patreon.
As a patron you will receive early access to exclusive content, input on future development and the warm fuzzy feeling you get in your heart for helping to make Zoom Player great.

We appreciate you!
Limited time offer, now 25% off!

We truly appreciate your investment in Zoom Player. Only with your support can Zoom Player continue developing.
Use the "V14FINAL25" 25% discount code when purchasing or upgrading Zoom Player!
The code is valid through December 31st.

Download
You can upgrade to version 14 through the Install Center or by manually downloading the installers.

#2 Shadrach

Shadrach

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

Very cool! Does the qBittorrent integration also support magnet:// links? Because that's what most use nowadays.

Edit; it does - just had to enable the plugin first :) Might be an idea to make it a bit clearer the plugin needs to be enabled and you need a bit of conf in qBT itself.

#3 Wimmel

Wimmel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

Windows Defender on Win10 bld 1709 doesn't like it:

7131j6.png

Virustotal.com isn't worried: https://www.virustot...9aae7/analysis/

#4 AtlasRedux

AtlasRedux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

Windows Defender on Win10 bld 1709 doesn't like it:

7131j6.png

Virustotal.com isn't worried: https://www.virustot...9aae7/analysis/

Can confirm this. Had to disable Windows Defender.

Was in the middle of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 when WD suddenly nuked it xD

#5 Shadrach

Shadrach

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

Stop using Windows Defender, easy solution, get a Proper Antivirus™

:fight:

#6 AtlasRedux

AtlasRedux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

Stop using Windows Defender, easy solution, get a Proper Antivirus™

:fight:

Windows Defender is just as good, if not any better, than any other antivirus. In fact, nowadays, paid antivirus is pretty much considered a scam.

#7 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

I submitted a false-positive report to microsoft, please do the same. A volume submission should help them act faster on this.

#8 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

Shadrach:
I believe the plugin wasn't enabled by default because you've been running a beta version.
I missed reseting it for the beta versions, so new install and upgrades from non-beta versions should see the plugin enabled by default.

#9 Wimmel

Wimmel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

I submitted a false-positive report to microsoft, please do the same. A volume submission should help them act faster on this.

Done. https://www.microsof.../filesubmission

11icwgz.jpg

#10 jlbonnar

jlbonnar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:29 PM

While I am excited to see Zoom Player 14, I haven't been able to get it to work.  
Because I am new to the forums, if some kindly mod would point me to the proper place to get help with my issues, I'd be grateful.
Thanks in advance...
Jlbonnar

#11 gunner

gunner

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:02 PM

Do people who already own the latest version of Zoom Player before 14 get any sort of discount beyond the "V14FINAL25" 25% discount code?? Or do you have to pay as much as someone who doesn't have any version of ZP on their computer in order to get ZP 14??

#12 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

@jlbonnar - I've PMed you about it, please email regsupport.

@gunner - It is 25% for new users, but a bit more for users who already purchased in the past.

Please PM me with your email to see which discount coupon we can offer you.

Booga.

#13 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

If anyone is experiencing an unresponsive file browser in ZP, please either disable the torrent plugin (disable the "torrents" checkbox in Advanced options->Interface->Fullscreen Navigation->File tracker) or use a new fix for this issue (at http://zoomplayer.co...orrents1401.zip ).

Booga.