3 replies to this topic

#1 Hannobal

Hannobal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Hi @ all!

Like the title already says, my Zoom Player MAX doesn't Play any BluRay disc. I have installed the newest version with all available components, which are listed in the Install Center. My system is Windows 7 Professional x64

If I try to play one, for example "The social Netwok", there is no sound and no video, BUT the Zoom Player is playing it, because the timeline is going on. Another example is, there are 3 titles of a BluRay disc in the playlist and the Zoom Player doesn't play any of them... He is only switching to the rest of the titles and is starting again and again at the beginning. Of course I already imported my license.

My second try was to test the Zoom Player on another PC, there are the same problems.

My last try was to ripp one BluRay and after that to test it with Zoom Player... And it has worked! So I don't think it is an hardware fault.

Does anybody have the same problems or does anybody have a solution for me? I would be pleased ...

Greetings Hannobal

#2 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Hi Hannobal,

At the moment, Zoom only supports decrypted (i.e. ripped) BluRay content. The problem is that there are no freeware components available to provide the BluRay decryption, so until there are, Zoom will only support decrypted content.

Regards.

ehat

#3 magic144

magic144

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Note though that the content doesn't have to be ripped in the sense of first copying it from disc to HDD.

AnyDVD HD works in conjunction with ZP MAX in playing BD original media directly from the drive. In that case, AnyDVD HD is providing the decryption "on-the-fly".

#4 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Actually, yes - you are quite correct m. I hadn't considered AnyDVD...

ehat