#3 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hi Zka,

We're missing the "Hungarian.zpicd" file... can you prepare it aswell before we publish?

Booga.

#4 zka67

zka67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I started the translation, but does not work. What I do not do well?
http://imagerz.com/Q...EtvAwMABVhIFwVR

Here's the missing file, but I could not be tested: Attached File  Hungarian.zpicd.zip   2.51KB   2 downloads

#5 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

What I do not do well?

You're probably not doing anything wrong. zpicd works slightly differently to all the other translated files. With the other files, if you have a local copy (translated) of them on your system, Install Center will use them to change the language. However, Install Center will not use a local copy of zpicd - so you can translate it, but you won't see the text in Install Center change, as Install Center is looking for the translation on the update server. So, how it works with zpicd is this: you translate the file, link to it here in a forum post, bLight then uploads the zpicd file to the server, and then Install Center will see it.

As this single file works differently to all the other files you translate, it is quite confusing for people - they translate zpicd, they see no changes in Install Center, and they think that they have made a mistake somewhere. I hope that at some stage, bLight may put a note about how zpicd works into the "how to translate.txt" file that Zoom places into the Languages folder when it installs.

ehat

#6 zka67

zka67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for the answer, meanwhile I've seen in the other topic, what's going on with this file.

#7 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

thanks for the whole translation, I'll send it to bLight :)

#8 zka67

zka67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Some of the strings appear incorrectly, because the .zpicd file is in ANSI encoding sent.
I send Unicode and UTF-8 encoding as well:

Attached File  Hungarian.zpicd utf8.zip   2.6KB   2 downloads
Attached File  Hungarian.zpicd unicode.zip   3.07KB   2 downloads

#9 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Some of the strings appear incorrectly, because the .zpicd file is in ANSI encoding sent.

Yes, the .zpicd file installed by Zoom that is used for translating is incorrectly encoded as ANSI - you need to manually change it before you translate. I did notify bLight about it in the last week or so - if it is still like that when the next stable is released, please let me know so I can remind him (the file is not something I really use as I don't translate - so it is likely I will have forgotten it is an issue by the time the next stable is released).

ehat

#10 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hi Zka,

We converted the files before you posted them, and put them on the translations page.
Can you verify the if the strings appear correctly on the install center with the converted files, (if they aren't, We'll use these new updated files).

Booga.

#11 zka67

zka67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hi Booga,

the "ő" and "ű" characters not appear correctly.

#12 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

The online component database will be updated with the updated text in the next hour.