12 replies to this topic

#1 andylolly

andylolly

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I have been a contented user of zoomplayer for many years but have now hit a snag I could use advice with.
To use the zoom function on my PC I just press + ( on far right by the numbers ) then - to move out again........simple.
However my laptop has no +/ - so how do I zoom on that ??
Hope you can advise, thanks.

#2 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hi Andy,

You can set other keys (up/down, etc..) to do this on advanced options->interface->keyboard. :)
Choose the "Zoom into video" and "Zoom out of video" functions.

Booga.

#3 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

Check your laptop manual - laptops (in my experience) typically have a function (Fn) key that when pressed in combination with another key, acts as the "+" and "-". On my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525), pressing Fn and the "/?" key is "+" and Fn and ":;" is "-" (the laptop should have a small + and - sign on the keys if you look closely enough, this denotes a secondary function that the key does when pressed in conjunction with the function key). Usually the secondary symbol is the same colour as the function key - in my case, the "+" and "-" on the keys are blue, the same colour as the "Fn" on the function key (which indicates they are meant to be pressed in conjuction with each other). You may also find secondary functions for the entire numeric keypad (mine has the numbers 0 to 9, +, - etc as the laptop has no numeric keypad).

What make and model of laptop is it by the way? It would be interesting to see if there is an image of it online that shows the keyboard clearly enough to read the keys.

ehat

#4 andylolly

andylolly

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for the kind advice guys.

#5 bugmenotplz

bugmenotplz

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Dear support,

thanks a lot for your very good player, which i am testing befor i want to register the max-version.

I need a feature, which i am not sure if the Zoom player has got.

When zooming into an video, i have to definite the visible part of the video, so that i have to move the visible window by panning the video.

Is that possible?

And in addition, i have to see the video in slow-motion so that i can see the finger movements by playing the instrument, I want to see how the artists are playing their harps, just because i am an beginner of that instrument.

Kindless regards

Nico

#6 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hi Nico,

When zooming into an video, i have to definite the visible part of the video, so that i have to move the visible window by panning the video.

Could you possibly provide a bit more clarification on this one? I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

And in addition, i have to see the video in slow-motion so that i can see the finger movements by playing the instrument, I want to see how the artists are playing their harps, just because i am an beginner of that instrument.

Slow motion is activated (and de-activated) by using the "L" key. The play rate is set to 0.50 by default, you can change that in Advanced Options-->Playback-->Controls, the "Media Slow Motion Rate" field. Just note the warning here though (the sentence beginning "Please note"):

Media Slow Motion Rate
This value specifies the slow motion play rate (speed) when using the slow motion function. Values range from 0.01 to 0.99. Please note that not all media formats support Fast Play (WMV in particular doesn't support Fast Play with the default microsoft decoders).

(Source: http://www.inmatrix....bcontrols.shtml)

You can also pause the video and simply step forwards through the video one frame at a time, by using the "Shift" + "." key (backwards is "Shift" + ",").

(All keys listed above are the defaults - you can change any of them using the keyboard editor, so if you are using a custom keyfile, you will need to check what keys you have mapped to these functions).

Regards,

ehat

Edit: By your zooming problem, are you referring to something like in this thread?
http://forum.inmatri...showtopic=13597

As per Booga's response there, there are some options that control the way the Zoom Player window behaves when you zoom into a video, in Advanced Options-->Interface-->Display (the "Screen-Align Video" field especially).

Edited by ehathgepiurhe, 12 June 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#7 bugmenotplz

bugmenotplz

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Found:
The zoom is following the mouse coursor.

And in the

Hi Nico,

Could you possibly provide a bit more clarification on this one? I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Slow motion is activated (and de-activated) by using the "L" key. The play rate is set to 0.50 by default, you can change that in Advanced Options-->Playback-->Controls, the "Media Slow Motion Rate" field. Note the warning here though:

Media Slow Motion Rate
This value specifies the slow motion play rate (speed) when using the slow motion function. Values range from 0.01 to 0.99. Please note that not all media formats support Fast Play (WMV in particular doesn't support Fast Play with the default microsoft decoders).

(Source: http://www.inmatrix....bcontrols.shtml)

You can also pause the video and simply step forwards through the video one frame at a time, by using the "Shift" + "." key (backwards is "Shift" + ",").

(All keys listed above are the defaults - you can change any of them using the keyboard editor, so if you are using a custom keyfile, you will need to check what keys you have mapped to these functions).

Regards,

ehat

Hello Ehat,

thanks für your fast answer.

I said:

"When zooming into an video, i have to definite the visible part of the video, so that i have to move the visible window by panning the video."

-> I meant:
When zooming into a video, i have to be able to definite, which part of the video is zoomed.
Normally i use fullscreen, and all parts of the video are shown. When i zoom in, only a few parts are visible.
Very often the middle of the screen is shown. When i must see the lueft upper corner of the video and want to zoom into these part, i must definite it.

Very often the solution is, that the video is zoomed around the mouse cursor. I am not sure, if that is made this way by Zoom.

Are there any differences between the free version and the pro / Mx-Version?

Up to now, i use the fly player, which seems me to be more stable in combination with my Hardware, win7 with two Matrox P 650 and four monitors.

But i hope, that Zoom will work.

Regards,

Nico.

#8 bugmenotplz

bugmenotplz

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

By the way, shift - + is not in the free version.. :(

But there is a button in the bottom bar called 'Play rate control.' Will that help me?

#9 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

By the way, shift - + is not in the free version.. :(

But there is a button in the bottom bar called 'Play rate control.' Will that help me?

I'll just answer this one quickly - I'm still reading through your other post (#7) above (I need to read it a few times and do some experimenting on my system to make sure I understand what you are after, so I will answer it separately later).

I've just done some experimenting, and "Shift" "," is in the Free version and does work. The issue is the video renderer. All versions of Zoom default to using EVR as the video renderer. "Shift" "." (advance a single frame) works with EVR, "Shift" "," (go back a single frame) does not. I didn't notice this before because I use madVR as the renderer, and "Shift" "," works with it (the Free version of Zoom included). You likely won't have madVR installed, so you will need to change the renderer to VMR9. To do this, go into Zoom's options and go Advanced Options-->Playback-->Video. Change the "Video Renderer" field to VMR9 Windowed, click "Ok" and close and re-open Zoom. Play a file and both "Shift" "." and "Shift" "," should work.

ehat

Edit: Reading your post #8 again, I think I might have confused you. The shortcut combination is not "Shift" "+" or "Shift" "-". I was using the "+" sign to indicate that you had to press the two keys together - those two keys being "Shift" and "." (for stepping forward a single frame), and "Shift" "," (for stepping backward a single frame). I didn't mean to imply that the "+" or "-" key was actually part of the hotkey itself. Sorry about any confusion I caused there.

My observations about EVR remain valid though - it doesn't seem to support the backwards frame for some reason (Zoom does indicate on the OSD that it has gone backwards a frame, but it doesn't actually do it - I don't think that is a bug in Zoom though as Zoom cannot know if the video renderer has actually processed the command correctly or not), so you will have to change to VMR9 to get this to work.

Edited by ehathgepiurhe, 12 June 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#10 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Very often the solution is, that the video is zoomed around the mouse cursor. I am not sure, if that is made this way by Zoom.

Ok, I think I understand now. When you are zooming into a video, you may want to zoom into one particular area of the video (say the center). Later on, you might want to zoom into a different area of the video (say the top left corner). You'd like an easy way to do this, correct? Such as Zoom Player being able to zoom into where the mouse cursor is pointing? If I have understood correctly, than I don't believe that Zoom can do this currently. I've just experimented a bit with the Zoom Player settings relating to zooming, and I'm not 100% clear on what is happening (when "Screen-Align Video" is set to different settings such as center and top left vs when Zoom is in windowed mode and when it is in fullscreen mode), so what I will do is ask Booga if he can get bLight (Zoom Player dev) to drop by and see if he can make sense of it all.

Are there any differences between the free version and the pro / Mx-Version?

Yes - here is the list:
http://www.inmatrix....ons_home8.shtml

ehat

#11 bugmenotplz

bugmenotplz

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Thanks a lot.

In the enhanced options i found surface - position:
'Moving window by keyboard' - thats what i need.

In an Navigation software i had the option 'panning by keyboard', and thats what i would prefer.

These function here is for panning the full window, not the zoomed video, i suppose?

The best am easyest way for zooming and panning has Power DVD 12, which i tested now. Unfortunately it does neother recognize the Webm-fomat nor has got the slow-Motion-possibillitie, so i have to search on.

~~

And, by the way - can i change the user Name here in?
I found an changing history, so i suppose. But i didnt find any possibility for changing it. Mail address, password - everything, but no user name.

Is it possible?

#12 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

Hopefully bLight might be able to explain the zooming/panning behaviour, and Booga (the forum admin) should be able to answer the question about account renaming. Just a question though - why would you want to rename a bugmenot account? Anyone who visits bugmenot can logon to it - it would be easier to just create an account for yourself (a personal account I mean) and name it whatever you like.

ehat

#13 bLight

bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

You can't draw a rectangle and to zoom there, but what you can do is:

1. Use +/- to zoom in.
2. Use the mouse cursor with the Ctrl key held to drag the video around.
3. If you're seeing glitches, try turning on 'Video covers entire display area' (adv. options / playback / video).

With regards to the 'bugmenot' accounts, I believe they are created by the 'bug me not' website (bugmenot.com).
As long as I dont see spam from these accounts, they are fine, but you can't rename that account and make it your own.