Testing time again for anyone who is interested in helping us find bugs (or for anyone who justs want to try something new). A preview of the next version (v8.1.5) has been posted (both Pro and MAX builds). Barring any major glitches, this will possibly be the last preview release before the final release early next week.
http://dl.zoomplayer.com/zp815pro.exe (Home Pro)
http://dl.zoomplayer.com/zp815max.exe (Home MAX)
No updated changelog for this new build yet (the changes from Preview 3 I mean), just "A few tweaks to smart play profiles combined with polishing touches".
Changelog for Preview 3 (from v8.1.1 Final):
"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
* New installer option to "Associate with Media Formats", disabled by default.
When enabled, Zoom Player automatically associates itself with every
media file extension on the "Options / File Format Association" page.
Once associated, opening/clicking the file extension (".AVI" for example)
in explorer and other shell programs prompts Zoom Player to execute and
play the selected media file.
* The install center can now list optional items without automatically
selecting the item for installation.
* The default Onyx skin's title area has been refined.
* You can now directly configure the LAV Audio, Video and Splitter filters
through the "Adv. Options / System / Filter Management" dialog.
* The Tray icon right-click menu has been added two functions:
1. Next Chapter/Track.
2. Previous Chapter/Track.
* New "ZPEXEIcon" icon library you can apply through the "File Format
Association" page under "Adv. Options".
The icon library applies the Zoom Player executable icon to all file
extensions (replacing the labeled format extensions badges).
+ The player window's video area no longer blanks black when playing
multiple JPEG images in succession even when the file are not part
of the playlist (playing the next directory file for example).
+ Smart Play's 'Source Filter' configuration dialog makes it clearer
that selecting a profile that works as both a source and a splitter,
overrides smart play's 'Splitter' profile for the media file extension.
You can only split a media format once ...
+ The custom key file settings (Adv. Options / Interface / Keyboard) now
accept relative file paths.
+ The play history cache file verification system was overly sensitive,
causing it to notify you the file may be corrupted even when it wasn't.
+ If "Adv. Option / Interface - 'On Media / DVD Play'" was set to
'Zoom mode' or 'Fullscreen mode' and the player window was minimized,
the player window was restored and set to fullscreen each time a new
media was loaded. Now this action only takes place if the player window
is not minimized.
- Fixed switching to fullscreen on a secondary monitor with Windows XP,
which stopped working in version 8.
- Fixed several small bugs related to how Zoom Player is minimized and
- JPEG images with EXIF rotation mode "6" were not rotated correctly.
- The '"Derived" mode Automatically Adjusts Aspect Ratio for badly encoded
content' setting did not adjust for dynamically changing aspect ratios.
This was especially bad with MadVR which throws a Aspect Ratio change
event every time.
- ID3 v2.2 tags with embedded images were not parsed correctly, causing
the embedded image not to display.
- Using the "zplayer.regpath" file did not apply the new data path.
More information @ http://inmatrix.com/...multicopy.shtml
- Pop-up OSD messages would not appear if MadVR OSD services was used
with a fullscreen navigation interface visible.
- MadVR now show the first frame in the video when pressing stop.
- The Pop-Up OSD (Play/Pause/etc) would stick on-screen when using MadVR
as the video renderer and tabbing away from Zoom Player.
- If 'On Playlist Complete' is set to 'Do Nothing' and MadVR is used as
the video renderer, the fullscreen OSD interface would stop updating when
the video finished playing.
- Playing MP3 files with embedded album art created by Samsung Kies
could crash the player (Kies is creating invalid ID3v2 tags).
- The default "MPEG2 Program" video decoder Smart Play profile has been
changed from DScaler to LAV as DScaler did not support dynamic aspect
ratio changes with the EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer).
- DirectShow filters with stored filter data bigger than 4096 bytes
would not appear in the 'Registered Filter Manager' dialog (LAV Video
- When deleting a station from the station manager, the station name
would not appear in the delete confirmation dialog.
- Due to conflict with Real Player, the RealMedia decoder pack is no
longer included in the Install Center and the RealMedia Smart Play
profiles have been modified to use LAV in its place.
- Fixed a cosmetical glitch in the options dialog search results.
Edited by ehathgepiurhe, 12 April 2012 - 01:35 PM.
Updated to potential final