#1 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hi everyone,

Testing time again for anyone who is interested in helping us find bugs (or for anyone who justs want to try something new). A preview of the next version (v8.1.5) has been posted (both Pro and MAX builds). Barring any major glitches, this will possibly be the last preview release before the final release early next week.

Download:
http://dl.zoomplayer.com/zp815pro.exe (Home Pro)
http://dl.zoomplayer.com/zp815max.exe (Home MAX)

No updated changelog for this new build yet (the changes from Preview 3 I mean), just "A few tweaks to smart play profiles combined with polishing touches".

Changelog for Preview 3 (from v8.1.1 Final):

Legend :

"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix

New :

* New installer option to "Associate with Media Formats", disabled by default.
When enabled, Zoom Player automatically associates itself with every
media file extension on the "Options / File Format Association" page.

Once associated, opening/clicking the file extension (".AVI" for example)
in explorer and other shell programs prompts Zoom Player to execute and
play the selected media file.

* The install center can now list optional items without automatically
selecting the item for installation.

* The default Onyx skin's title area has been refined.

* You can now directly configure the LAV Audio, Video and Splitter filters
through the "Adv. Options / System / Filter Management" dialog.

* The Tray icon right-click menu has been added two functions:
1. Next Chapter/Track.
2. Previous Chapter/Track.

* New "ZPEXEIcon" icon library you can apply through the "File Format
Association" page under "Adv. Options".

The icon library applies the Zoom Player executable icon to all file
extensions (replacing the labeled format extensions badges).

Changes :

+ The player window's video area no longer blanks black when playing
multiple JPEG images in succession even when the file are not part
of the playlist (playing the next directory file for example).

+ Smart Play's 'Source Filter' configuration dialog makes it clearer
that selecting a profile that works as both a source and a splitter,
overrides smart play's 'Splitter' profile for the media file extension.
You can only split a media format once ...

+ The custom key file settings (Adv. Options / Interface / Keyboard) now
accept relative file paths.

+ The play history cache file verification system was overly sensitive,
causing it to notify you the file may be corrupted even when it wasn't.

+ If "Adv. Option / Interface - 'On Media / DVD Play'" was set to
'Zoom mode' or 'Fullscreen mode' and the player window was minimized,
the player window was restored and set to fullscreen each time a new
media was loaded. Now this action only takes place if the player window
is not minimized.

Fixes :

- Fixed switching to fullscreen on a secondary monitor with Windows XP,
which stopped working in version 8.

- Fixed several small bugs related to how Zoom Player is minimized and
restored.

- JPEG images with EXIF rotation mode "6" were not rotated correctly.

- The '"Derived" mode Automatically Adjusts Aspect Ratio for badly encoded
content' setting did not adjust for dynamically changing aspect ratios.
This was especially bad with MadVR which throws a Aspect Ratio change
event every time.

- ID3 v2.2 tags with embedded images were not parsed correctly, causing
the embedded image not to display.

- Using the "zplayer.regpath" file did not apply the new data path.
More information @ http://inmatrix.com/...multicopy.shtml

- Pop-up OSD messages would not appear if MadVR OSD services was used
with a fullscreen navigation interface visible.

- MadVR now show the first frame in the video when pressing stop.

- The Pop-Up OSD (Play/Pause/etc) would stick on-screen when using MadVR
as the video renderer and tabbing away from Zoom Player.

- If 'On Playlist Complete' is set to 'Do Nothing' and MadVR is used as
the video renderer, the fullscreen OSD interface would stop updating when
the video finished playing.

- Playing MP3 files with embedded album art created by Samsung Kies
could crash the player (Kies is creating invalid ID3v2 tags).

- The default "MPEG2 Program" video decoder Smart Play profile has been
changed from DScaler to LAV as DScaler did not support dynamic aspect
ratio changes with the EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer).

- DirectShow filters with stored filter data bigger than 4096 bytes
would not appear in the 'Registered Filter Manager' dialog (LAV Video
for example).

- When deleting a station from the station manager, the station name
would not appear in the delete confirmation dialog.

- Due to conflict with Real Player, the RealMedia decoder pack is no
longer included in the Install Center and the RealMedia Smart Play
profiles have been modified to use LAV in its place.

- Fixed a cosmetical glitch in the options dialog search results.

--- End.

Regards,

ehat

Edited by ehathgepiurhe, 12 April 2012 - 01:35 PM.
Updated to potential final

#2 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Fixing in progress... :)

#3 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Indeed - I think I see one or two of my issues in that changelog :) I see the promotion on Facebook went well also - 2040 likes currently, so well past the 2000 mark. Hopefully a few of those new Zoom users pop over here and join our little community.

ehat

#4 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'm going through the tracker at the moment, picking out the issues that have been fixed with this release and then reporting that back to the originating thread for the issue. As such, I've suddenly bumped a lot of topics to the top of the forum (with new replies), and this thread had sort of been bumped down a bit. I've temporarily pinned it (as a sticky in other words) to solve that problem - just to make it a bit more visible for people who haven't yet seen it ^_^

ehat

#5 bkm

bkm

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hate to be a bother but I reported Bug 230 two versions ago. Any word from bLight whether he will be able to fix?

Bug 230 is preventing all ZP users from minimizing ZP to the system tray and using it only from there (and not from the taskbar). In other words we can't unclutter ZP from the taskbar. Cheers....

#6 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

#230 is still open - from reading the report, the dev's were unable to reproduce the problem when they tried a week ago, but that is because they had an incorrect step in the process and were misunderstanding what the actual problem was. I responded in that report a few days ago, and I have tried to clarify (again) what the actual problem is. Hopefully I have succeeded this time. :mellow:

I don't know if a fix - assuming this isn't intended behaviour of course and is actually a bug (which I think it is) - will make it into final 8.1.5 though. Looking at what was posted on Facebook earlier today, it seems that they are only waiting confirmation that one more problem has been fixed by this version before 8.1.5 is pushed out - and I suspect that #230 is what they are referring to (they didn't say admittedly so I might be wrong, but I think the problem being referred to is a freeze of Zoom under some specific circumstances).

ehat

#7 bkm

bkm

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for your reply, ehat. Ya, I hope you are right and they can fix that bug so we can finally move ZP off our taskbar :-)

#8 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

No worries. This bug report has turned out a bit strangely - I thought that it was one of the clearest bug reports that I've ever done (setting out the steps in both v8.00 and v8.10, pointing out the desired behaviour is that from 8.00 and not 8.10 etc). But it hasn't turned out that way - there has been a lot of info I've had to clarify for the dev's (odd things like 'what is the system tray?' - and they seem to have totally missed my initial report setting out the steps they should follow when they performed their test last week as well). Even though I am not affected by this one (I only use the taskbar icon, not the system tray icon), I will be glad when they fix it so we can put it behind us!

I've put a post for bLight in the closed forum asking him if there is any chance this one could be snuck into the code before 8.1.5 Final is pushed out. Unless they have deliberately changed the behaviour, I can't see it being anything other than an easy fix, and it is more than a little frustrating we are having so much trouble clarifying what the problem is. :(

ehat

#9 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Good news bkm - bLight has released a new mini-fix build to Preview 1 and it fixes #230 in my testing. So the fix will indeed be in 8.1.5 Final.

ehat

#10 bkm

bkm

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Ah, that is indeed great news and thanks very much for helping this bug get worked out. Since the new ZP final version will be out soon I will wait till then to play with it :-)

#11 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hi everyone,

Preview 3 has been posted. This time, a Pro build is included (I believe that this is the first time a test release has included something other than a MAX build) - so Pro users can join in the fun of testing! :kudo:

First post updated with the links and changelog. There are some changes to the skin as well (assuming you use Onyx that is). For the skin editors out there, the full skin will be posted to the Skins gallery once 8.1.5 goes final (Onyx is embedded in the Zoom executable where you can't get to it, so unless it is posted to the Skins gallery, no one can make any changes to it).

@bkm: No worries, I am glad it has been fixed :)

Regards,

ehat

#12 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

First post updated with new build. This will possibly be the last version before the official final 8.1.5 version is released early next week.

ehat

#13 bkm

bkm

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

So got the new 8.15 Max build off of Facebook and wow, best version ever :-) Bug 230 is indeed fixed. I'm so happy I could sh*t haha. Seriously all is working great (so far) for what I use ZP for. Haven't found an annoyance yet *fingers crossed* . Thanks, ehat, for helping get my several bugs worked out with bLight and thanks bLight for making such a great media player....

#14 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Indeed - I haven't noticed any problems with it myself in my day to day usage over the last few days either. There are a couple of reports in the tracker still to be resolved I think, but I expect they will be taken care of sometime after the final is released, they are only relatively minor issues.

ehat

#15 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

With the release being close, this is something too late to capture for 8.1.5 - but I'd appreciate some help with it all the same. I've had an intermittent problem recently with Zoom whereby if I have two programs open - Zoom and one other program - and have the other program window active (on top of the Zoom window), as soon as I mouse over the Zoom window, Zoom forces itself to the front thus obscuring the other program window. There was a really old issue with Zoom going back to v5 (http://forum.inmatri...?showtopic=5932 - there is an image linked in post #7 that illustrates the issue) that if you had the tooltips for the timeline enabled (the option is currently called "Show Seek Position over Timeline" in Advanced Options-->Interface-->Control Bar-->Timeline Area and it is disabled by default) and moved over the timeline, Zoom would force itself to the front. Only over the timeline - if you moused over the Zoom window from the side, the problem would not occur. This was fixed at the time, but I think under some circumstances, that same issue has returned.

I hadn't seen this for a couple of weeks (it is intermittent as I say) until tonight. I installed the program mentioned in this thread (DFX Audio Enhancer):
http://forum.inmatri...showtopic=13555

I then had it open (the program window active) while I had Zoom open. This is the weird bit - if I moved my mouse very quickly over the Zoom window (moving over the timeline area), Zoom would force itself to the front, every single time. If I moved the mouse slowly in the exact same position, Zoom would not force itself to the front. I've uninstalled that program now, but am attempting to reproduce it with other programs, and it is driving me bonkers not being able to do it. :mellow:

So, if anyone out there is looking to do some extra testing, enable the option I mention above, open Zoom and another program window, put the other program window on top of Zoom and then see if you can get Zoom to force itself to the top by moving the mouse over the Zoom window, crossing the timeline area. Obviously, the two program windows must overlap for this to happen. If you can see the behaviour and can reproduce it reliably, please let me know so I can log it in the tracker. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the window - the program I am attempting to make it happen with now is Notepad. DFX had a skinned/custom window, Notepad doesn't - so I don't know if that is a factor or not.

Thanks!

ehat