bLight

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9499 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hi Everyone

We've got RC2 ready for your testing!
We also have a nicer version of the Drapes HD media center navigation interface on our facebook page.
And once v8 goes final, we'll also post HD versions of the default background images in 16x9, 16x10 and 4x3 aspect ratios.

Download Zoom Player v8 Release Candidate 2

Here's the change list from v8 RC1:

* The station interfaces will now give you access to more than 13,000
streaming radio stations.

* The LAV Splitter is now supported for AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, OGG, OGM and
MPEG2 Transport Streams. Please take note that if the LAV Splitter is
installed, it disables microsoft AVI splitter from working properly.
Tis means that you must set Smart Play's "AVI" Source filter to
LAV Splitter or use the MPC (Gabest) AVI Splitter as the "AVI" Splitter
filter.

* You can now use the Ctrl+"A" macro to cycle through the available audio
channels when using the LAV Splitter.

* New "VP8" profile added to the Smart Play options dialog.
VP8 is used by the WebM format and can be decoded using FFDShow and
the MPC Video Decoder (FFDShow may need configuration to enable
VP8 support).

* New "TWOS Audio" profile added to the Smart Play options dialog.
Requires LAV Audio Decoder.

* You can now associate the ".WebM" extension.

* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video) which enables a fix when
moving the player window from video area causing the window to jump to
an unexpected position.

Affects only Windows VISTA (or newer) when the video renedrer is set to
'Haali Video Renderer', 'MadVR', 'VMR7' or 'VMR9'.

* The Station List Media Center interface now has a
"Go To top of list" function.

+ Added a new H.264 sub-type for CoreAVC 2.5.1 compatibility.

+ Selecting MadVR as the video renderer automatically enables the
"Overlay covers entire video area" setting.

+ The Re-Synch Audio Ahead/Back now works in 25ms increments rather than
the 10ms used previously.

+ The default volume control change value is now 5%, up from the previous 3%.

+ The default Zoom In/Out value is now 10%, up from the previous 1%.

+ The default 'Keyboard Video Window Move' value has changed to 5%,
up from the previous 4 pixels.

+ The "fnVidLeft", "fnVidRight", "fnVidUp", "fnVidDown" functions now
use the 'Keyboard Video Window Move' value while in fullscreen.
Previously, these functions only moved by 1 pixel.

+ Updated Media Center navigation icons.

- Dragging the player window by clicking "Ctrl + Left mouse button" (or
other configured setting) within the video area was broken in Windows
Vista and Windows 7 when certain video renderer were used (VMR7/VMR9/
Haali/MadVR). Now there's a workaround in place that ensures the window
is dragged to the correct location (with minor flickering at times).

- Several settings were not remembered correctly with Zoom Player Home FREE.

- The Install Center did not load on Windows XP due to a corrupt
manifest file.

- The 'forcibly hide the windows taskbar in fullscreen mode' setting will
now hide the Start Orb (button) in Windows VISTA and Windows 7.

- Deleting a media library catgeory, would erase other categories if their
name was very similar (example "movies" and "movies2").

- The "Custom Mouse Wheel Down" function was not being saved.

- Opening a display pattern (Shift+"P"), no longer stops the playing
video before closing it. This ensures the previous play position is
saved correctly.

- Other bugs introduced between v7 final and v8 RC1

#2 magic144

magic144

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

thanks Blight

may I ask why the audio resync delta has been changed from 10ms to 25ms?? is it possible to override this value?
I liked the 10ms granularity - you could approximate 10ms DTS packet sizes or 32ms AC3 packet sizes quite closely in any multiples...

cheers,
m

#3 STi Sev

STi Sev

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

Blight <3

#4 S@uDepp

S@uDepp

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:26 AM

Amazing!

Jumping screen bug is gone!

THX !!!

Greets
S@uDepp

P.S. ... Jumpyness returns after entering the fullscreen mode..... have to disable and reenable the feature... then it works again as it is supposed to.... all this with latest madVR

#5 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

P.S. ... Jumpyness returns after entering the fullscreen mode..... have to disable and reenable the feature... then it works again as it is supposed to.... all this with latest madVR

S@uDepp: Which of the two window fixes (quoted below) are you referring to?

* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video) which enables a fix when moving the player window from video area causing the window to jump to an unexpected position.

- Dragging the player window by clicking "Ctrl + Left mouse button" (or other configured setting) within the video area was broken in Windows Vista and Windows 7 when certain video renderer were used (VMR7/VMR9/Haali/MadVR). Now there's a workaround in place that ensures the window is dragged to the correct location (with minor flickering at times).

1. I can't seem to use the volume controls on SWF files. Muting does not work, nor does changing the volume slider (volume stays at the same level). Anyone else see this?

2. Is there a missing point in the changelog?

an unexpected position.

Affects only Windows VISTA (or newer) when the video renedrer is set to
'Haali Video Renderer', 'MadVR', 'VMR7' or 'VMR9'.

Are they two separate entries, or is the 'Affects only...' meant to be part of the 'New setting...'?

Regards,

ehat

#6 reebok

reebok

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Excellent product, thanks for all your hard work. The scene cut feature is an absolute answer to prayer. I do have a question about DVD rips. I keep them in VOB format (ripped using DVD Shrink, main movie only, no menus, etc.) and run them from the IFO file (otherwise the media players can't seek or display the time on the video). However, ZP plays it in DVD mode, which is probably expected behavior, but I would like to play them in media mode to use a different codec. Is it possible to force ZP to play VOB's in media mode? Thanks again.

#7 magic144

magic144

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

You can choose the codecs used for DVD mode... it has its own (separate) section in ZP's config.

#8 fiz1ct

fiz1ct

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:59 AM

Is there any particular reason why ZP 8 requires explorer.exe to be open to function (or to even open at all without numerous errors). I boot using an alternative shell on my HTPC so I do not have a use for explorer.exe. ZP 7 does not have this issue, it can function perfectly fine without the need for explorer.exe.

#9 S@uDepp

S@uDepp

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

S@uDepp: Which of the two window fixes (quoted below) are you referring to?

* New Setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Video) which enables a fix when moving the player window from video area causing the window to jump to an unexpected position.

That was the fix I meant - sorry for being unclear.

Funny thing - me got different issues using different renderers.

1. Using madVR: Fix works at the beginning, after fullscreen´ing the vid once and back, it fears my cursor again and jumps away (left-upper corner) until I dis+ enable the fix again
2. Using VRM9: Fix just works when it is NOT enabled - but stays fixed - makes no difference if I zoom in or have a fullscreen look or not - so this way the fix works at least for me

Greets
S@uDepp

#10 hawky358

hawky358

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:49 AM

The issue where you get an access violation when switching audio tracks with different filters is still there i.e. if you have multiple audio streams which use different filters for decoding you get an access violation when it tries to load the new filter. (See links)

Post 1 in 7.1 forum
Post 2 in 7.1 forum

#11 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

Is it possible to force ZP to play VOB's in media mode?

The only way to play VOB files in Media Mode is to open them directly (i.e. open the VOB file, not the IFO file), either File-Open in Zoom or double click when Zoom is the associated player.

That was the fix I meant - sorry for being unclear.

That's all right. Now that I know which one it is, I will have to check the bug tracker to see if I can find the status of this one.

Edit: Found a couple of bugs (#57 and #74) relating to the same thing I believe, so I have added a report to both that the fix may not work in 100% of cases and have linked to the two posts above from S@uDepp.

The issue where you get an access violation when switching audio tracks with different filters is still there i.e. if you have multiple audio streams which use different filters for decoding you get an access violation when it tries to load the new filter.

The dev's reply to a bug report (#1) for an AV when switching audio was that Zoom cannot currently switch audio tracks if each audio track requires a different decoder filter, and that there is no solution at the present time. So yes, this problem would still be present in the current build.

Regards,

ehat

Edited by ehathgepiurhe, 19 April 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#12 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:27 PM

Win 7 64bit, Options-->Help/Export-->Export-->Settings, try to export to a file in My Documents or similar, fails with a "Unable to export settings" error.

#13 hawky358

hawky358

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:49 AM

Win 7 64bit, Options-->Help/Export-->Export-->Settings, try to export to a file in My Documents or similar, fails with a "Unable to export settings" error.

Hmmm "Settings exported successfully". Seems like a permissions issue?

#14 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

Hmmm "Settings exported successfully". Seems like a permissions issue?

Sort of - after some more testing, UAC is the problem. If you have UAC enabled (which is the Windows default), and don't run Zoom as an administrator (right click the Zoom icon, 'run as administrator' and click Yes to the UAC prompt), this function won't work (it fails with the error message listed). There is I believe a way programatically to cause a process to elevate on demand (I'm not a programmer, but I think I may have seen it mentioned on a forum at some stage that there was a way to do it via one of the Windows API's), but Zoom doesn't seem to make use of this function sadly.

#15 Bartman

Bartman

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

I answer from the rc1 thread in this thread as it is the same with RC2

About 1 - try changing the value in advanced options->On Screen Display->actions-> "OSD visibility (in seconds)"

I don't think is related to the time.
But I have found a way to reproduce it. All remote control is done via TCP interface using EventGhost under Win 7 x64.
Start video, pause video, minimize window.
Start video via remote control and zoom via remote control to goto fullscreen again. -> OSD does not disappear until ZP is restarted.

About 2 - Can you give us the a file to test this on and your information graph screenshot?

I just have some large non public file wheres the stop issues arrive. I attached a graph where I cannot switch audio via remote control but via stream selection context menu.

About 3 - I think this can be a feature request, but isn't the automatic stream selection good enough?

Depending on movie I watch in german or englisch and with multiple audio streams and forced subtitle or multiple streams for the same language this can get messy. Particulary with BD.

One more question.
I'd like to see the file browser when I hit the Enter key directly after I started ZP instead of playing the previous video. What Option do I have to toggle?

Attached Files

#16 magic144

magic144

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

@hawky358, ehat

will retry this on 8.0RC2 later tonight and try and report back again
using 7.1a5 on Win7 x86 (not using x64 here... yet)
I can successfully export ZP setting to "My Documents"

it seems as though ZP launches regedit to export the settings, and in my case it does so with a popup to ask for permission to do so with privilege ("Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" - i.e. regedit).

I do have UAC enabled, but I believe there's a compatibility flag set in the registry (see end of this post) which allows ZP to launch child processes (e.g. regedit) with the necessary elevated privilege (yet still asks for user permission before doing so)...

Possibly (in the past), the Windows PCA (program compatibility assistant) detected a failure when ZP was trying to (e.g.) run regedit as a child process and automatically created this registry entry for me - I don't know why it wouldn't have done so for you:-

you can read about this mechanism here...
http://msdn.microsof...y/bb756937.aspx

hope this helps,
cheers,
m

ps - maybe Blight can incorporate this registry entry in the install (if that's necessary - as I said, I think Windows did this for me automatically anyway, as suggested by the MSoft article)
pps - no need to run ZP as Admin... that's a heavy-handed tactic to get past UAC... UAC is there to protect YOU!
(I really don't understand people who's first reaction to a UAC issue is to disable UAC - they're just asking for security problems later.)

----

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
"C:\\Program Files\\Zoom Player\\zplayer.exe"="ELEVATECREATEPROCESS"

#17 brokenmind

brokenmind

Greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

an unexpected position.

hi there, thx for the new version. just wanted to confirm that 'jumping-window' issue reported here has been fixed with this new setting.

although it only works for me if the setting is disabled.
is this the intended usage - my guess would be it's meant to work the other way round?

#18 zpusr95

zpusr95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

We've got RC2 ready for your testing!

Thanks! :kudo:

#19 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

Yes Brokenmind, it was fixed (both the button and the slideshow) :)

#20 ehathgepiurhe

ehathgepiurhe

Lead QA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6710 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

it seems as though ZP launches regedit to export the settings, and in my case it does so with a popup to ask for permission to do so with privilege ("Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" - i.e. regedit).

That is interesting - no popup asking for permissions on my system.

Possibly (in the past), the Windows PCA (program compatibility assistant) detected a failure when ZP was trying to (e.g.) run regedit as a child process and automatically created this registry entry for me - I don't know why it wouldn't have done so for you:-

I'm not sure either to be honest. PCA is enabled on my system, and my Windows install is only a new one too.

pps - no need to run ZP as Admin... that's a heavy-handed tactic to get past UAC... UAC is there to protect YOU!

Normally, yes, I totally agree - but when you want to export your settings for a bug report and Zoom fails without telling you why, and running as admin is the only way it will work, it becomes necessary...

although it only works for me if the setting is disabled.
is this the intended usage - my guess would be it's meant to work the other way round?

No - the intended usage is that the setting is meant to be enabled for the fix to work. Sigh - I will add your report to the bug tracker entry for this one.

Regards,

ehat