#1 bkm

bkm

Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

Hi, been long time ZP user :)

XP SP3, ZP Pro 7 Max. I use Nero, Homecinema or Haali as my mp4/mov splitter and coreAVC, divx or elecard as my H264 decoder. I use the merit system, don't use Smart Play.

All my mp4/mov H264 vids play fine until I install Nokia PC Suite. Immediately after install, when I try to play an H264 vid, ZP tries to use a codec that PC Suite had installed (Emuzed H264) which I don't want to use as it doesn't play nice with MadVR (just get grey screen). So I deregister or blacklist that Emuzed codec and lo and behold, instead of reverting back to the codecs I mentioned above and that played the vids fine before, all I get is a ZP error saying "Unable to create DirectX". When I uninstall Nokia PC Suite then the vids play fine again using my codecs without me having changed a thing. So it seems Nokia Suite is breaking Directshow? Is this the problem? Any tips on what I can do to make ZP and Nokia PC Suite play nice together somehow? Thanks for any guidance...

bkm

#2 boogafreak

boogafreak

BoogAdmin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

Hi. :)

First, one of ZP's most important tools is to right-click while playing a media and choose "filter properties"->Graph information.
This should show you what splitter, decoders and filters are being used.

Try to choose the "correct" decoder (the one being used without the Nokia PC Suite) in options->Playback->smart play->"audio and video decoders".
Also, what are you using as splitter?